[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Sam Yahel, Terrence Brewer and Marian McPartland

Jason Crane|The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Sun Sep 6 23:32:54 EDT 2009

Hello friends,

What a great week of jazz and conversation. Earlier this week I was in
New York to interview John Abercrombie and John Surman. I also checked
out their intense set at Birdland. And I just finished up three fun days
at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival in my hometown of Lenox, Massachusetts.
I saw a ton of great music, and recorded interviews with Nnenna Freelon,
Harolyn Blackwell, Mike Garson, Kat Edmonson, Michael Kaeshammer, Benny
Reid, Regina Carter, Paquito D'Rivera, Chris Potter, Douglas Purviance,
John Mosca, Dick Oatts and Ben Powell. Look for those in the weeks and
months ahead.

This week on the show: Sam Yahel (Monday), Terrence Brewer (Wednesday)
and Marian McPartland (Friday).
Next week: Karrin Allyson (Monday), John Patitucci (Wednesday) and Bobby
Broom (Friday).

This weekend is the Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival, featuring Joe
Lovano, Lizz Wright, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Lee Shaw, and the Dan
Loomis Quartet. I've got an interview booked with the Dirty Dozen, and
I'm working on the others. I'll keep you posted.

And now, on to the update...

*************************************
*** THIS WEEK ON THE JAZZ SESSION ***
*************************************

On Monday:
THE JAZZ SESSION #80: SAM YAHEL.

On Wednesday:
THE JAZZ SESSION #81: TERRENCE BREWER.

On Friday:
THE JAZZZ SESSION #79: MARIAN MCPARTLAND.

HOW TO LISTEN:

1. Visit <http://thejazzsession.com> and use the easy built-in player

2. If you use iTunes, clicking on the following link will open iTunes,
subscribe you to the show, and download the most recent episode. This
really helps the show grow, so please use this method if you can:
<itpc://thejazzsession.com/?feed=rss2&category_name=podcast>

--
Jason Crane
Host/Producer

“Music is what we need when language fails us,
but we cannot remain silent.”
-- Dr. Cornel West

(Sent via carrier pigeon from
my secret mountain hideout)