[JPL] PLAYLIST for WAER-Syracuse for Week of 9/7/09

Eric S Cohen escohen at syr.edu
Sun Sep 6 23:28:23 EDT 2009

NEW ADDS

1. Roy Hargrove Big Band                                                       Emergence

2. James Moody                                                                    4A

3. Mark Levine                                                                      Off And On

4. Paul Renz                                                                         In My Own Hands

5. Roberta Gambarini                                                             So In Love

6. Scott LaFaro                                                                     Pieces Of Jade

7. John Beasley                                                                     Positootly

8. Spencer Day                                                                     Vagabond

9. The Waitiki 7                                                                    Adventures In Paradise

10. Robert Glasper                                                                Double Booked

11. John Hicks                                                                      I Remember You

12. Count Basie Orchestra                                                     Swinging, Singing, Playing

13. Cyrus Chestnut                                                               Spirit

14. The Heath Brothers                                                         Endurance

15. Azar Lawrence                                                                Prayer For My Ancestors

16. Eldar                                                                             Virtue

17. The Monterey Quartet                                                     Live At The 2007 Monterey Jazz Festival

18. Bill Frisell                                                                         Disfarmer

19. Jim Snidero                                                                    Crossfire

20. Cecil Brooks III                                                               Hot D.O.G.

21. Jill O'Hara                                                                      Alone Together

22. Benny Reid                                                                    Escaping Shadows

23. Kenny & Leah                                                                You And The Night And The Music
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPIN CITY

8 SPINS
Bobby Broom - Plays For Monk
Joe Locke/David Hazeltine Quartet - Mutual Admiration Society 2
Jackie Ryan - Doozy

7 SPINS
Rod McGaha - A Gentle Man
Alvin Queen - Mighty Long Way
Jim Rotondi -  Blues For Brother Ray
Akiko Tsuruga - Oriental Express
Peter Hand Big Band & Houston Person - The Wizard Of Jazz
Cory Weeds - Everything's Coming Up Weeds
Bill Easley - Hearing Voices
Kurt Elling - Dedicated To You
Terence Blanchard Group - Choices
Jon Mayer- Nightscape
Reuben Wilson - Azure Te

6 SPINS
Jeremy Davenport - We'll Dance Till' Dawn
Herb Alpert & Lani Hall - Anything Goes
Mike Stern - Big Neighborhood
Kyle Eastwood - Metropolitain
Kevin Hays - You've Got A Friend
Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band - I'm BeBoppin' Too
Lisa Hilton - Twlight & Blues
Stefon Harris & Blackout - Urbanus 7
Bob Florence Limited Edition - Legendary
Cynthia Scott - Dream For One Bright World
Elli Fordyce - Songs Spun Of Gold
John Patitucci Trio - Remembrance
Frank Potenza Trio - Old, New, Borrowed & Blue
Matt Wilson Quartet - That's Gonna Leave A Mark
Tamir Hendelman - Playground

5 SPINS
Laurence Hobgood - When The Heart Dances
Jesse Jones Jr. - The So Then Collection
Hailey Niswanger - Confeddie
Bill Banfield Band - Spring Forward
Art Lillard's On Time Band - It's Time
Eddie Harris & Ellis Marsalis - Homecoming
Grant Stewart - Plays The Music Of Ellington & Strayhorn
Louis Hayes - The Time Keeper
Sean Lyons - Roar Of Lyons
Gerald Clayton - Two-Shade
Etienne Charles - Folklore
Lynne Arriale Trio - Nuance: The Bennett Studio Sessions
Ben Dowling - World Rising
N. Glenn Davis - Come Right In
Jim Ketch - Next Step
Iris Ornig - New Ground

4 SPINS
Chris Pasin - Detour Ahead
Resonance Big Band - Plays Tribute To Oscar Peterson
Elli Fordyce - Songs Spun Of Gold
Sylvan Street - The Perfect Leaf
Curt Ramm/Dan Moretti/Bill Cunliffe - Foundations
Nicole Mitchell & Black Earth Strings - Renegades
Christian McBride & Inside Straight - Kind Of Brown
Mickey Bass New York Powerhouse Ensemble - The Jazz Corner Of The World
Andy Narell & Relator - University Of Calypso
Dave Glenn - National Pastime
Susie Meissner w/Brian Lynch - I'll Remember April
Diane Hubka - I Like It Here - Live In Tokyo
Greg Skaff - East Harlem Skyline
Lenore Raphael - Class Act
Luciana Souza - Tide
Towner Galaher - Courageous Hearts
Greta Matassa - I Wanna Be Loved

3 SPINS
Jake Hertzog - Chromatosphere
Freddy Cole - The Dreamer In Me
Gary Burton/Pat Metheny Quartet - Quartet Live
Allen Toussaint - The Bright Mississippi
Jimmy Sommers - Time Stands Still
Donald Malloy - Spirituality
Frank Glover - Politico
Bob Shimizu & Signal Strength - Cuchillero
Jane Bunnett - Embracing Voices
Jack Wilkins - Until It's Time
Lauren Sevian - Blueprint
Sean Nowell - The Seeker
The Vignola Collective - Gypsy Grass
Tessa Souter - Obsession

2 SPINS
Patrick Rydman - I Will Do It
Faith Gibson - Big Moon
David Widelock - Skating On The Sidewalk
Sophie Milman - Take Love Easy
Carmen Lundy - Solamente
Helio Alves - It's Clear
Kat Walker - Jazz Skat Gumbo
Jackie Allen - Starry Night
Altered Laws Jazz Quartet - Metaphora
Brenda Earle - Songs For A New Day
Kendra Shank - Mosaic
Joe Lovano & Us Five - Folk Art

1 SPIN
Mel Martin - Where The Warm Winds Blow
Rented Mule - "X"
Stanley Clarke Acoustic Trio - Jazz In The Garden
Scotty Barnhart - Say It Plain
Chico Hamilton - Twelve Tones Of Love

ERIC COHEN
MUSIC DIRECTOR