[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 8 11:30:53 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1061...12-13 September 2009
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY…jive samba (jazz workshop revisited)

JON HENDRICKS…moanin’ (1973)

*Medeski, Martin & Wood Interview
MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD…undone (radiolarians III)

STEVE TURRE…rainbow people (rainbow people)

GEORGE BENSON…show me the love (songs & stories)

*Medeski, Martin & Wood Interview
MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD…padirecto (radiolarians II)

ELVIN JONES JAZZ MACHINE…ej’s blues (the truth: live @ the blue note)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1062...12-13 September 2009
CHARLIE BYRD…wave (byrd by the sea)

HARRY CONNICK, JR.…you didn’t know me when (blue light red light)

*Medeski, Martin & Wood Interview
MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD…cloud wars (radiolarians I)

THE GREAT JAZZ TRIO…duplex (chapter II)

CHARLIE HUNTER/ERNEST RANGLIN…one foundation (earth tones)

DIANNE REEVES…love for sale (in the moment: live in concert)

*Medeski, Martin & Wood Interview
MEDESKI, MARTIN & WOOD…agmatia(zaebos: book of angels vol. 2)

BROTHER JACK MCDUFF…the scratch (bringin’ it home)

Next Show…

SHOWS #1063-1064...19-20 September 2009
Special Feature: Happy 88th Birthday to
CHICO HAMILTON!  Conversation with
Chico and lots of his great music including
his latest release “Twelves Tones Of Love.”