[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 9/6

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Sep 8 11:58:12 EDT 2009

Here's the Labor Day Weekend version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight - USAF Jazz Heritage - Airmen of Note and Rufus Reid

Tacit Dance

Never Make Your Move Too Soon

On a Never-Ending Stroll

Elegy

If You Could See Me Now

The Meddler

1:00AM

Barbara Dennerlein       Funkish       Spiritual Movement No. 2        Bebab

Chip White     The Continuing Saga of Miles/Miles

                                                                    More
Dedications            Dark Colors

Miles Davis              Walkin'                             (same)
Prestige

Miles Davis     Straight, No Chaser      Complete Columbia
Columbia/Legacy

Miles Davis                All Blues                   Kind of Blue
Columbia/Legacy

2:00AM

Miles Davis                   Sweet Pea               Blue Moods
Columbia/Legacy

Miles Davis           Shhh/Peaceful              In a Silent Way
Columbia

Chick Corea    In a Silent Way/It's About That Time

                                                                      Five
Peace Band Live    Concord

Miroslav Vitous     When Dvorak Meets Miles

                                                        Remembering Weather
Report     ECM

3:00AM

Dave Holland     Step to It                   Live at 2007 Monterey
Monterey

John Surman      Hilltop Dancer          Brewster's Rooster
ECM

Eldar Djangirov       Blackjack                     Virtue
Masterworks

Robert Glasper         Butterfly                   Double Booked
Blue Note

Stefon Harris          Tanktified                       Urbanus
Concord

Terence Blanchard       Hacia del Aire            Choices
Concord

Azar Lawrence   The Baker's Daughter   Prayer for My Ancestors
Furthermore

4:00AM

John Patitucci              Monk/Trane              Remembrance
Concord

Thelonious Monk-John Coltrane     Bye-Ya

                                                                      At
Carnegie Hall               Blue Note

Jessica Williams     Lonnie's Lament          The Art of the Piano
Origin

John Hicks                       Nutty                   I Remember You
High Note

James Moody          Stablemates                            4A
IPO

Heath Brothers         The Rio Dawn                Endurance
Jazz Legacy

Fred Hersch                Meditacao                    Plays Jobim
Sunnyside

5:00AM

Marcos Ariel                  Desafinado           Alone With Jobim
Tenure

Sergio Salvatore-Christos Rafalides     Fly Me to the Moon

                                                                      Dark
Sand                          Travelers Road

John Beasley               Dindi                         Positootly!
Resonance

Chris Pasin           My Romance                  Detour Ahead
H2O

Luis Bonilla               Elis                             I Talking Now
Planet Arts/NJC

Joel Frahm-Bruce Katz   Love the One You're With   Project A
Anzic

Christian McBride     The Shade of the Cedar Tree   Kind of Brown      Mack
Avenue

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV