[JPL] Groupe Jazz: Why You Need One for Your Special Events

ArtLillard at aol.com ArtLillard at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 15:12:38 EDT 2009

Hello Dr.Jazz
 I am writing to ask if you have recieved my latest CD "It's Time" by my
"On Time" band=a trio or quartet with 6 original tunes and 9 standards from
the Summit records people.?
 I see that your are tracking the JPL for themas I read your results.
 Are you also booking jazz bands.? If so please check out the above
mentioned CD and ad us to your list of bands. We will travel as well. Below is info
on the players to check out.

Art Lillard's On Time Quartet

This swinging quartet has been playing together for many years. Its
performances feature great ensemble playing along with inspired soloing. The band
draws its influence from traditional swing and jazz as well as more
contemporary popular music. Its repertoire includes tunes by such diverse composers
as Duke Ellington, Stevie Wonder, Henry Mancini, Lennon & McCartney, and
Charles Mingus.

The On Time Quartet recently produced a recording, “It's Time,” released
by Summit Records in July 2009.

All members of the quartet have played with a variety of jazz greats. Below
is a partial list for each.

o     Pianist Jon Davis has played with Sonny Fortune, Stan Getz, Albert “
Tootie” Heath, Joe Henderson, Jaco Pastorius, Claudio Roditi, Carlos Santana,
Marvin “Smitty” Smith, Toots Thielemens, Stanley Turrentine, Phil Woods.

o     Saxophonist Danny Walsh has played with Chick Corea, Al Foster, Eddie
Gomez, Charles Mingus Big Band, Mulgrew Miller, Lenny White.

o     Bassist Marco Panascia has played with Andy Bey, Seamus Blake, Chris
Botti, Gary Burton, Peter Erskine, Herbie Hancock, Roy Hargrove, Quincy
Jones, Dave Liebman, Joe Lovano, Bobby McFerrin.

o     Drummer Art Lillard has played with Jaki Byard, Gilly Coggins, Junior
Cook, Kenny Davern, Joe Diorio, Bobby Forrester, Eric Gunnison, Greg
Hopkins, Paul Horn, Nancy King, Cecil McBee, Arturo O'Farrill, Ira Sullivan.

 all the best to you and yours
 Peace
 Art Lillard

Art Lillard