[JPL] About Mark Stryker's remark

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Sep 9 19:04:53 EDT 2009

Mark Stryker wrote <<<< C'mon folks, we've been through this many times: Posting entire

stories violates copywright laws, and by denying clicks it harms the

cause because the less traffic we get for jazz stories, the easier it

becomes for editors to decide to do away with the coverage altogether.

Seriously. Just post links.

To that end, if anyone wants to see all of the coverage of the Detroit

festival you can find it all here:

http://freep.com/article/99999999/ENT04/90...e=2009_JAZZFEST    >>>>>>>

As an original member of this forum, I can't recall this subject being addressed many times, in fact I can't recall it being discussed at all. I'll admit as I near the big 6 0 my memory has lapses but I don't remember this topic. Regardless, I understand your stance and in the future if I should ever post an entire story from another source I'll just post the link and not copy and paste

Arturo