[JPL] PLAYLIST: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 19:59:28 EDT 2009

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 9/9/2009 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10
Kurt Elling - Dedicated to You
Jackie Ryan - Doozy
Stephon Harris - Urbanus
Jim Rotondi - Blues for Brother Ray
Christian McBride - Kind of Brown
Tamir Hendelman - Playground
David 'Fathead' Newman - The Blessing
Etienne Charles - Folklore
Jessica Williams - The Art of the Piano
Mike Stern - Big Neighborhood
11-20
Sophie Milman - Take Love Easy
Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band - I'm BeBoppin' Too
Terence Blanchard - Choices
Lisa Hilton - Twilight & Blues
Sergio Salvatore & Christos Rafalides - Dark Sand
Gretchen Parlato - In a Dream
Laurence Hobgood - When the Heart Dances
Sam Yahel - Hometown - Posi-Tone
Jesse Jones Jr. - The So Then Collection
Akiko Tsuruga - Oriental Express - 18th & Vine
Venissa Santi - Bienvida - Sunnyside
Chris Pasin - Detour Ahead
Reuben Wilson - Azure Te
John Proulx - Baker's Dozen
and...
Lew Del Gatto & Bob Keller - To Al and Zoot, With Love
Sean Lyons - Roar of Lyons
Iris Ornig - New Ground - Gema
Peter Hand Big Band - The Wizard of Jazz
Willie Nelson - American Classic
Diverse - Diverse
Stanley Clarke - Jazz in the Garden - Heads Up
Burton, Metheny. Swallow, Sanchez - Quartet Live - Concord
Bobby Broom - Plays for Monk
Eric Mintel - 50 Years After... A Tribute to Dave Brubeck
Hailey Niswanger - Confeddie
Yotam Silberstein - Next Page
Jerry Bergonzi - Simply Put
Ben Neuman - Introductions
Tineke Postma - A Journey That Matters
Marshall Vente - Marshall Arts
N. Glenn Davis - Come Right In
Cory Weeds - Coming Up Weeds
Alvin Queen - Mighty Long Way
Jack Wilkins - Until It's Time
Allen Toussaint - The Bright Mississippi - Nonesuch
Dan DeChellis Trio  - The Getback
Curt Ramm/Dan Moretti/Bill Cunliffe - Foundations
Luciana Souza - Tide
Adds:
Jane Bunnett - Embracing Voices
James Carter - Heaven on Earth
Cyrus Chestnut - Spirit
Eldar - Virtue
Roberta Gambarini - So In Love
Robert Glasper - Double Booked
Godfathers of Groove – 3
Roy Hargrove Big Band - Emergence
Mark Levine & the Latin Tinge - Off & On
James Moody - 4A
McCoy Tyner  - Solo

Doodlin' -September 8, 2009 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Album - Song
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross – Twisted - Doodlin
Roy Hargrove Big Band - Emergence - Ms. Garvey, Ms. Garvey
Robert Glasper - Double Booked - Think of One

Interview with Go Trio, featuring Gene Perla – @ Allentown Art
Museum, Sept. 12
Go Trio - All Blues
Go Trio - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

James Moody - 4A - Stella by Starlight
Jane Bunnett - Embracing Voices - If You Go Away

Eldar - Virtue - Blackjack
James Carter - Heaven on Earth - Street of Dreams

Cyrus Chestnut - Spirit - Lean on Me
Jill OHara - Alone Together - 'Till I Get It Right
Godfathers of Groove – 3- You Send Me

Waitiki 7 - Adventures in Paradise - L'ours Chinois
Mimi Jones - A New Day - Silva

Roberta Gambarini - So In Love - This Is Always
McCoy Tyner  - Solo - You Taught My Heart to Sing
Horace Silver - Best of Horace Silver - Doodlin'