[JPL] Detroit!

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 10 02:29:15 EDT 2009

There's nothing like the Detroit International Jazz Festival to put a
smile on evening the bleakest of summers.  There are too many
highlights to mention but I will attempt.

1.  Michelle Mercer and Wayne Shorter
2.  Wayne's performance
3. Lenny, Stanley and Chick performing "After The Cosmic Rains"
acoustically.
4. Hank Jones, George Mraz, Carl Allen
5. Hanging with the Good Dr., Lois Gilbert, Marian and Bob, Linda
Yohn, Evelyn Hawkins, Shaunna and Mike, Eulis Cathey, Janis Siegel,
Denis Naranjo, Russ Davis, Brian, Karma and Savannah Auger, Lenny
White, Warmdaddy and Desi, Rodney and Cookie Whitaker, Sean Jones, Ron
Blake, Dorthaan Kirk, Marion Hayden, Gayelynn McKinney, Jonathan
Turner, Ernie Krivda, Dennis Wilson, the true jazz fans from
Cleveland, Johnny O'Neal, Al Pryor and last but not least my wife and
son.
6. The performances......
7, The people of Detroit and visiting jazz lovers.
8. The visit to the Motown museum.
9. The great weather
10.The fireworks!!!!!

and last but not least......watching my six year old son Xavier's
first emcee experience for the Juilliard Jazz Quartet and getting a
warm round of applause from the audience and recognition throughout
Jazz Disneyland after.  Priceless!!!!!

Whether I'm in the industry or out, I'll always come back to Detroit
for Jazz Disneyland.  See you next year!!

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson

Who's attending the PRPD in Cleveland next week?