[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds ofJazz Sep 12,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 13 10:15:34 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 12,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 12, 2009

Hour 1

PAT METHENY W/CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE & ANTONIO SANCHEZ - "Day Trip" - Day Trip - (Nonesuch)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Witch Hunt" - Speak No Evil - (Blue Note)

DENNIS NUNNALLEY - "Georgia On My Mind" - Solo Piano - (indep)

LOU DONALDSON W/THE THREE SOUNDS - "Smooth Groove" - same - (Blue Note)

GRANT GEISSMAN - "Even If.." - Cool Man Cool - (Futurism)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Half Pay" - Roll With It - (Origin)

TYRONE JACKSON - "Sweet Song" - Another Voyage - (Hot Shoe)

Hour 2

GLENN CASHMAN AND THE SOUTHLAND BIG BAND - "Blues In the Tunnel" - self titled - (Primrose Lane)

KEVIN HAYS TRIO - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - You've Got a Friend - (Jazz Eyes)

DAVE GLENN - "Blues for Buck O'Neil" - National Pastime - (Origin)

ALLEN TOUSSAINT - "Solitude" - The Bright Mississippi - (Nonesuch)

MCCOY TYNER - "Blues On the Corner (with John Scofield) - Guitars - (Halfnote)

HOUSTON PERSON - "I Hadn't Anyone Till You" - Blue Velvet - (Highnote)

BOB FLORENCE LIMITED EDITION - "A Train" - Legendary - (Mama)

Hour 3

LUCIANA SOUZA - "Tide" - Tide - (Verve)

RENE MARIE - "I Ain't Gonna Let You Break My Heart" - Experiment in Truth - (indep)

KENNY WASHINGTON - "My Foolish Heart" - Live at Anna's Jazz Island - (indep)

AUDREY SHAKIR - "Little Willie Leaps" - If You Could See Me Now - (Hot Shoe)

KURT ELLING - "All or Nothing At All - Dedicated To You - (Concord)

GRACE KELLY - "Comes Love" - Mood Changes - (indep)

KELLY HARLAND - "Long Ago and Far Away" - Long Ago and Far Away - (Origin)

CAROLYN LEE JONES - "Come Fly With Me" - Bon Appetit - (indep)

AUDREY SHAKIR - "Never Never Land" - If You Could See Me Now - (Hot Shoe)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM