[JPL] The Living Blues on The Vinyl Side of Midnight (program list)

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:29:08 EDT 2009

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2009

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be
heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on www.wlnz.org  - hosted by Mike Stratton,
Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply
contact me at dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
You can use that same address for promotional information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

9/13/09

The Living Blues

With the Lansing Blues Fest around the corner tonight’s show will emphasize
the blues.

Jimmy Smith - Blues in the Night; FINEST HOUR; Verve
Louis Armstrong - West End Blues; PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN;
Columbia
Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Compared To What; SWISS MOVEMENT; Atlantic

Elmore James - The Sky Is Crying; THE HISTORY OF ELMORE JAMES; Rhino
Grant Green - Iron City; IRON CITY; 32 Jazz
Jean-Paul Bourelly - Gumbe; BOOM BOP; Jam Records

Christian McBride’s Inside Straight - Brother Mister; KIND OF BROWN; Mack
Avenue
Stanley Clarke - Journey To Love; JOURNEY TO LOVE; Columbia
Buddy Guy - Baby Please Don’t Leave Me; SWEET TEA; Silvertone Records

Geri Allen - LWB’s House; THE LIFE OF A SONG; Telarc
Karrin Allyson - Everybody’s Crying Mercy; IN BLUE; Concord
John Coltrane - Blue Train; BLUE TRAIN; Blue Note

Baaba Maal & Mansour Seck - Djam Leelii; DJAM LEELII; Mango Records
Robert Johnson - Hellhound On My Trail; THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS; Columbia
Cassandra Wilson - Hellhound On My Trail; BLUE LIGHT TIL DAWN; Blue Note

Charles Mingus - Cryin’ Blues; BLUES & ROOTS; Atlantic
Anita O’Day - Anita’s Blues; FINEST HOUR; Verve
Roy Hargrove Big Band - Mambo For Roy; EMERGENCE; Emarcy

Gerald Wilson Orchestra - Detroit; DETROIT; Mack Avenue
Jose James - Park Bench People; THE DREAMER; Brownswood Recordings
Heath Brothers - From A Lonely Bass; ENDURANCE; Jazz Legacy

Joe Lovano/Hank Jones - Lazy Afternoon; KIDS; Blue Note
Charlie Parker - Funky Blues; CONFIRMATION; Verve

Thelonious Monk - I Mean You; THE COMPLETE BLUE NOTE RECORDINGS
Cyrus Chestnut - Wade In The Water; SPIRIT; Jazz Legacy Productions
The Blind Boys of Alabama - Nobody Knows The Trouble I’ve Seen; HOLDIN’ ON;
House of Blues Records

Thad Jones/Kenny Burrell/Frank Wess - Empty Street; AFTER HOURS; Prestige