[JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Friday 18 September 2009; 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific

Ron Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Fri Sep 18 20:53:36 EDT 2009

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist - Friday 18 September 2009

Monday thru Friday 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific

Artist / Song Title / Album Title (Label)

* Chick Corea / Morning Sprite / Alive (GRP)

* Gene Ammons / Not Really The Blues / Jammin' With Gene (Prestige)

* Robert Glasper / Yes I'm Country (And That's OK) / Double Booked (Concord)

* OslandDailey Jazztet / Evidence / Evidence (Sea Breeze)

* Rene Marie / I Only Have Eyes For You / Vertigo (MaxJazz)

* Lester Bowie / I Only Have Eyes For You / I Only Have Eyes For You (ECM)

* Beat Kaestli / September Song / Far From Home (B+B)

* Kenny Barron / I Wanted To Say / Quickstep (Enja)

* Cannonball Adderley / Unit 7 / Jazz Workshop Revisited (Capitol)

* Gretchen Parlato / Ugly Beauty - Still We Dream / Brother Thelonious
(NCBC)

* Brother Thelonious Quintet / Carpe Diem, Vita Brevis / Brother Thelonious
(NCBC)

* Grant Green / Idle Moments / Idle Moments (Blue Note)

* Nneenna Freelon / Squeeze Me / MJF 50th Anniversary All-Stars (MJF)

* David Holland & The Monterey Quartet / Ask Me Why / Live at 2007 MJF (MJF)

* Cal Tjader / Summertime / Live at The MJF (MJF)

* Dizzy Gillespie / Night In Tunisia / Live @ 1965 MJF (MJF)

* Charli Persip / The Champ / Charles Persip & The Jazz Statesmen
(Bethlehem)

Recent adds (Label / Artist / Title):

* Anzic: Joel Frahm & Bruce Katz / Project A; Joe Martin / Not By Chance

* Artist Share: Gerald Clayton / Two-Shade

* Beegum: David Widelock / Skating On The Sidewalk

* Blue Note: Robert Glasper / Double Booked

* Concord: Terence Blanchard / Choices; Stefon Harris & Blackout / Urbanus;
John Patitucci / Remembrance

* Dazzle: Fred Hess Big Band / Hold On

* Delmark: Josh Berman / Old Idea

* Drewbone: Andy Martin / Setting The Standard

* ECM: Steve Kuhn / Mostly Coltrane; Andy Sheppard / Movements In Colour;
John Surman / Brewster's Rooster; Miroslav Vitous / Remembering Weather
Report

* Emarcy: Roberta Gambarini / So In Love; Roy Hargrove / Emergence

* FM: Elli Fordyce / Songs Spun Of Gold

* Foundations Jazz: Dan Moretti / Tres Muse

* Green Leaf: Dave Douglas / Spirit Moves

* Half Note: James Carter / Heaven On Earth; McCoy Tyner / Solo Live From SF

* Heads Up: Mike Stern / Big Neighborhood

* H2O: Chris Pasin / Detour Ahead

* Hot Tone: Mimi Jones / A New Day

* IPO: James Moody / 4A

* Jazz Eyes: Kevin Hays / You've Got A Friend

* Masterworks: Eldar / Virtue

* MJF: Monterey Quartet / Live at MJF 2007

* MSM: Massimo Sammi / First Day

* Motema: Lynne Arriale / Nuance; Oran Etkin / Kelenia; Charnett Moffett /
The Art Of Improvisation

* Naim: Laurnce Hobgood / When The Heart Dances; Fred Simon / Since Forever;
Ted Sirota / Seize The Time

* North Coast Brewing: The Brother Thelonious Quintet / Carpe Diem Vita
Brevis

* OA2: Jeff Baker / Of Things Not Seen; AJ Kluth / Twice Now; Ben Neuman /
Introductions

* ObliqSound: Annd Drummond / Like Water; Gretchen Parlato / In A Dream

* Opening Day: Canadian Brass / Swing That Music

* Origin: Jon Alberts / Apothecary; Bug / The Gadfly; Kevin Deitz /
Skylines; Diverse / Diverse; Dave Glenn / National Pastime; Chad McCullough
/ Dark Wood, Dark Water; Ricky Sweum / Pulling Your Own Strings; Jessica
Williams / The Art Of The Piano

* Palmetto: Matt Wilson / That's Gonna Leave A Mark

* Patois: Wayne Wallace / Bien Bien

* Primrose Lane: Glenn Cashman / The Southland Big Band

* PosiTone: Ralph Bowen / Dedication; Mike DiRubbo / Repercussion; David
Gibson / A Little Somethin'; Jim Rotondi / Blues For Brother Ray; Yotam
Silberstein / Next Page; Sam Yahel / Hometown

* Provogue: Walter Trout / Unspoiled By Progress

* Reservoir: Jon Mayer / Nightscape

* Savant: Jerry Bergonzi / Simply Put; Peter Hand / Wizard Of Jazz

* Sea Breeze: Oslandailey Jazztet / Evidence

* Strick Muzik: E.J. Strickland / In This Day

* Swing Bros.: Tamir Hendelman / Playground

* TCB: George Gruntz / Why Not?

* TRM: Salvatore & Rafalides / Dark Sand

* Ttocs: Cynthia Scott / Dream For One Bright World

* Visionsound: Ben Dowling / World Rising

* Warm & Genuine: Mario Grigorov / Paris To Cuba

Send Submissions for Airplay to:

Jazz from Gallery 41

PO Box 8415

Berkeley, CA 94707