[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 9-20-09

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:58:56 EDT 2009

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
Sept. 20, 2009

1) Dexter Gordon-You've Changed (Doin' Allright)
2) Heaven On Earth-Slam's Mishap (Heaven On Earth)
3) Sergio Salvatore/Christos Rafalides-Fly Me To The Moon (Dark Sand)

4) Terrence Blanchard-Beethoven (Choices)
5) George Colligan-Come Together (Come Together)
6) McCoy Tyner-You Taught My Heart To Sing (Solo)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Monica Zetterlund [birthday]
7) Monica Zetterlund & Bill Evans-Monicas Vals (The Complete Bill Evans)
8) Monica Zetterlund-Konstigt (Oh!! Monica!)
9) Monica Zetterlund-Om Natten (Svenska Favoriter)

10) Francesco Cafiso-A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing (Angelica)
11) Anne Drummond-Aquelas Coisas Todas (Like Water)
12) Ramsey Lewis-Clouds In Reverie (Songs From The Heart: Ramsey Plays Ramsey)
13) Spencer Day-Till You Come To Me (Vagabond)
14) Ben Allison-Fred (Think Free)

Mystery Musician Quiz #2: Red Mitchell [birthday]
15) Clark Terry & Red Mitchell-Big'n The Bear (Jive At Five)
16) Red Mitchell Trio-Stella By Starlight (One Long String)
17) Roger Kellaway & Red Mitchell-Life's a Take (Life's A Take)

In town this week: Hamiet Bluiett
18) Hamiet Bluiett-Whenever We Could (If Trees Could Talk)
19) Geroge Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com