[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, September 21, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Sep 21 15:34:39 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Monday, September 21, 2009

featuring an hour of songs by Cole Porter:

8:00 PM Roy Hargrove Emergence Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye EmArcy 2009

8:07 PM Dizzy Gillespie Have Trumpet Will Excite My Heart Belongs to Daddy Verve 1959
8:13 PM Frank Sinatra A Swingin' Affair From This Moment On Capitol 1956
8:17 PM Randy Sandke Unconventional Wisdom Just One of Those Things Arbors 2008
8:22 PM Sammy Davis Jr./Carmen McRae Boy Meets Girl You're the Top Decca 1958

8:28 PM Stephen Riley Once Upon a Dream All of You Steeplechase 2007
8:34 PM Susannah McCorkle Easy to Love Easy to Love Concord Jazz 1996
8:40 PM Howard Alden/Ken Peplowski Pow Wow Dream Dancing Arbors 2007
8:47 PM Roberta Gambarini So in Love Get Out of Town EmArcy 2009

8:54 PM Sonny Stitt Complete Roost Sessions What is This Thing Called Love Mosaic 1957
8:57 PM Karrin Allyson Fujitsu Concord Jazz Festival You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To Concord Jazz 1996
9:02 PM Houston Person The Art and Soul You Do Something to Me High Note 2008

9:10 PM John Coltrane My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Atlantic 1960

9:27 PM One for All Return of the Lineup But Not for Me Sharp Nine 2009
9:33 PM Andy Martin Setting the Standard Old Man River Drewbone Music 2009
9:38 PM Jon Mayer Nightscape The Touch of Your Lips Reservoir 2009

9:47 PM The Brother Thelonious Quintet Brother Thelonious Ugly Beauty/Still We Dream NCBC 2009
  www.monkinstitute.org/ read more about the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz
9:56 PM McCoy Tyner Solo You Taught My Heart to Sing Half Note 2009
10:01 PM Edward Simon Poesia Intention CAM Jazz 2009

10:09 PM Horace Silver The Cape Verdean Blues The Cape Verdean Blues Blue Note 1965
10:14 PM Etienne Charles Folklore Santimanite EC 2009
10:20 PM Christian McBride Kind of Brown Stick & Move Mack Avenue 2009

10:31 PM David Berkman Live at Smoke Carroll Street Pop Tune Challenge 2009
10:39 PM Pieranunzi/Johnson/Baron Dream Dance End of Diversions CAM Jazz 2009

10:44 PM John Abercrombie Wait Till You See Her Line-Up ECM 2009
10:52 PM Jonathan Kreisberg Night Songs Warm Valley Criss Cross Jazz 2009

10:57 PM Gary Peacock/Marc Copland Insight The Wanderer Pirouet 2009

Tuesday: John Coltrane's Coltrane Jazz; Stan Getz and Jimmy Raney

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR