[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, September 24, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Sep 24 15:40:08 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fats Navarro, b. 9/24/23, Key West, FL http://csis.pace.edu/~varden/navarro/navarro.html
Rebecca Kilgore, b. 9/24/48 http://www.rebeccakilgore.com/
Jay Hoggard, b. 9/24/54, Washington, D.C. http://www.jayhoggard.com/

8:00 PM Jay Hoggard Something 'Bout Believing The Shepherd Twin Records 1999

8:08 PM Graham Dechter Right on Time In a Mellow Tone Capri 2009
8:15 PM Diane Landry It's a Lovely Day Just in Time JazzMaDi 2009
8:19 PM Charlie Shoemake/Terry Trotter Inside Wow Chase Music 2009
8:23 PM Steve Davis Eloquence It Could Happen to You Jazz Legacy 2009

8:32 PM Rebecca Kilgore I Saw Stars No Love No Nothing Arbors 1994
8:36 PM Rebecca Kilgore Harlem Butterfly I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Right Myself a Letter Audiophile 2001
8:41 PM John Sheridan Easy As It Gets Dedicated to You Arbors 2005 featuring Rebecca Kilgore

8:46 PM Harry Allen/Joe Cohn South Pacific Twin Soliloquies Arbors 2009 featuring Rebecca Kilgore and Eddie Erickson
8:51 PM Rebecca Kilgore Moments Like This Dream HeavyWood 2001
8:54 PM Rebecca Kilgore/Dave Frishberg The Starlit Hour Evenin' Arbors 2001

9:01 PM Dr. Lonnie Smith Rise Up! A Matterapat Palmetto 2009
9:08 PM Joel Frahm/Bruce Katz Project A The House That Jack Built Anzic 2009
9:12 PM Reuben Wilson Azure Te Summertime 18th & Vine 2009

9:23 PM Jay Hoggard Solo From Two Sides Kalila's Smile JHVM 2009
9:28 PM Jay Hoggard The Fountain Prelude to a Kiss Muse 1992
9:35 PM Jay Hoggard Swing 'Em Gates Shiny Stockings JHVM 2007
9:42 PM Jay Hoggard The Right Place Lessons From My Dad JHVM 2003

  9:52 PM James Carter Heaven on Earth Blue Leo Half Note 2009
10:05 PM Anthony Wilson Jack of Hearts Zweet Zursday Groove Note 2009

10:16 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Our Delight Blue Note 1947
10:19 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Lady Bird Blue Note 1948
10:22 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Sid's Delight Blue Note 1949

10:25 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Stealin' Apples Blue Note 1949
10:28 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Boperation Blue Note 1949
10:31 PM Fats Navarro/Tadd Dameron Complete Blue Note/Capitol Recordings Bouncing With Bud Blue Note 1949

10:36 PM Freddie Hubbard Without a Song The Things We Did Last Summer Blue Note 1969/2009
10:47 PM Lawrence Hobgood When the Heart Dances Que Sera Sera NAIM Jazz 2009
10:53 PM Cyrus Chestnut Spirit Come Sunday Jazz Legacy 2009

Friday: Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane and Coleman Hawkins

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR