[JPL] Online Jazz resources

Hans Ahlstrom hahlstro at nmu.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:42:21 EDT 2009

Are there any websites that include easy to access info about specific
songs/tunes, albums, artists, and even historical tidbits to help me and my
part-time (student) announcers in fleshing out our selections more?
Sometimes when I'm putting a show together, I start looking for interesting
info about one of the above, but so far finding stuff about the artists is
the only consistent winner. I go to AllAboutJazz.com, artist bio pages, even
Wiki, and I make one of my students do two featured artist bios each week,
but I'm looking for one good resource (hail Mary and a wing and a prayer, I
know, but I figured I'd ask anyway).

Many thanks in advance,

Hans

Hans Ahlstrom