[JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Thursday 24 September 2009; 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific

Ron Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Thu Sep 24 20:52:22 EDT 2009

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist - Thursday 24 September 2009

Monday thru Friday 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific

Artist / Song Title / Album Title (Label)

* Gene Ammons / The Happy Blues / The Happy Blues (Prestige)

* Roberta Gambarini / From This Moment On / So In Love (Emarcy)

* Josh Nelson / I Hear A Rhapsody / I Hear A Rhapsody (Steel Bird)

* Steve Davis / My Ship / Eloquence (JLP)

* Glenn Cashman / Blues In The Tunnel / Southland Big Band (Primrose Lane)

* Jack Wilkins / Falling In Love With Love / Merge (Chiaroscuro)

* Nancy Wilson / Days Of Wine And Roses / Guess Who I Saw Today (Capitol
Jazz)

* Joe Martin / A Dream / Not By Chance (Anzic)

* Massimo Sammi / First Day / First Day (MS)

* Jimmy Owens & Kenny Barron / You Had Better Listen / You Had Better Listen
(Atlantic)

* Alex Terrier / E.S.B. And Ecstasy / Roundtrip (BCR)

* Richard Howell / We Are All Connected / We Are All Connected (Audio
Emissary)

* Chico Hamilton / Forest Flower / Man From Two Worlds (Impulse)

* Wayne Wallace / Freedom Jazz Dance / Bien Bien (Patois)

* Jan Garbarek Group / Paper Nut / Dresden (ECM)

* Julie Hardy / We Kiss In A Shadow / The Wish (WCM)

* Sharel Cassity / Relentless / Relentless (JLP)

* Sorgen-Rust-Stevens Trio / Spirit Song / A Scent In Motion (Konnex)

* Grant Green / Idle Moments / Idle Moments (Blue Note)

Recent adds (Label / Artist / Title):

* Anzic: Joel Frahm & Bruce Katz / Project A; Joe Martin / Not By Chance

* Artist Share: Gerald Clayton / Two-Shade

* BCR: Alex Terrier / Roundtrip

* Beegum: David Widelock / Skating On The Sidewalk

* Blue Note: Robert Glasper / Double Booked

* Concord: Terence Blanchard / Choices; Stefon Harris & Blackout / Urbanus;
John Patitucci / Remembrance

* Dazzle: Fred Hess Big Band / Hold On

* Delmark: Josh Berman / Old Idea

* Drewbone: Andy Martin / Setting The Standard

* ECM: John Abercrombie / Wait Till You See Her; Jan Garbarek / Dresden In
Concert; Steve Kuhn / Mostly Coltrane; Andy Sheppard / Movements In Colour;
John Surman / Brewster's Rooster; Miroslav Vitous / Remembering Weather
Report

* Emarcy: Roberta Gambarini / So In Love; Roy Hargrove / Emergence

* FM: Elli Fordyce / Songs Spun Of Gold

* Foundations Jazz: Dan Moretti / Tres Muse

* Green Leaf: Dave Douglas / Spirit Moves

* Half Note: James Carter / Heaven On Earth; McCoy Tyner / Solo Live From SF

* Heads Up: Mike Stern / Big Neighborhood

* H2O: Chris Pasin / Detour Ahead

* Hot Tone: Mimi Jones / A New Day

* IPO: James Moody / 4A

* Jazz Eyes: Kevin Hays / You've Got A Friend

* JLP: Sharel Cassity / Relentless; Cyrus Chestnut / Spirit; Steve Davis /
Eloquence; Heath Brothers / Endurance

* Masterworks: Eldar / Virtue

* MJF: Monterey Quartet / Live at MJF 2007

* MSM: Massimo Sammi / First Day

* Motema: Lynne Arriale / Nuance; Oran Etkin / Kelenia; Charnett Moffett /
The Art Of Improvisation

* Naim: Laurnce Hobgood / When The Heart Dances; Fred Simon / Since Forever;
Ted Sirota / Seize The Time

* North Coast Brewing: The Brother Thelonious Quintet / Carpe Diem Vita
Brevis

* OA2: Jeff Baker / Of Things Not Seen; AJ Kluth / Twice Now; Ben Neuman /
Introductions

* ObliqSound: Annd Drummond / Like Water; Gretchen Parlato / In A Dream

* Opening Day: Canadian Brass / Swing That Music

* Origin: Jon Alberts / Apothecary; Bug / The Gadfly; Kevin Deitz /
Skylines; Diverse / Diverse; Dave Glenn / National Pastime; Chad McCullough
/ Dark Wood, Dark Water; Ricky Sweum / Pulling Your Own Strings; Jessica
Williams / The Art Of The Piano

* Palmetto: Matt Wilson / That's Gonna Leave A Mark

* Patois: Wayne Wallace / Bien Bien

* Primrose Lane: Glenn Cashman / The Southland Big Band

* PosiTone: Ralph Bowen / Dedication; Mike DiRubbo / Repercussion; David
Gibson / A Little Somethin'; Jim Rotondi / Blues For Brother Ray; Yotam
Silberstein / Next Page; Sam Yahel / Hometown

* Provogue: Walter Trout / Unspoiled By Progress

* Reservoir: Jon Mayer / Nightscape

* Savant: Jerry Bergonzi / Simply Put; Peter Hand / Wizard Of Jazz

* Sea Breeze: Oslandailey Jazztet / Evidence

* Strick Muzik: E.J. Strickland / In This Day

* Sunnyside: Venissa Santi / Bienvenida

* Swing Bros.: Tamir Hendelman / Playground

* TCB: George Gruntz / Why Not?

* TRM: Salvatore & Rafalides / Dark Sand

* Ttocs: Cynthia Scott / Dream For One Bright World

* Visionsound: Ben Dowling / World Rising

* Warm & Genuine: Mario Grigorov / Paris To Cuba

Send Submissions for Airplay to:

Jazz from Gallery 41

PO Box 8415

Berkeley, CA 94707