[JPL] Branford Marsalis thoughts on "Nerd Jazz"

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 08:26:40 EDT 2009

I'm happy to hear this. The few times I've heard Branford in person, he did
 not reach me this way.

Ed

In a message dated 9/25/2009 8:04:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dkunian at bellsouth.net writes:

I have  always heard a lot of emotion in Branford's playing.  His tribute
to  Alvin Batiste at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival is one of
the  most magnificent and emotional sets of music I've ever heard.  He
left most of the several thousand in the audience and backstage in  tears.