[JPL] René Marie, 15 months after anthem flap.....

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Fri Sep 25 12:07:27 EDT 2009

Here's the link to today-Friday's Denver Post with a front page story on Denver based René Marie 15 months after her controversial singing at the Denver State of the City address at City hall annex. She reflects on all that has occurred since and chats about the one woman stage play she premiers next week. She has previously portrayed Dinah Washington in a one woman stage production to rave reviews.

By the way the photo seen is just one block south of Jazz89KUVO's facilities along the Denver trolley line, this is the historic Five Points district-"The Harlem of the Rockies". She is just outside of the Crossroads Theatre where she be performing the play she wrote. On the left side of the photo is the renowned Rossonian where up until the early 60s many of  the past masters of jazz and blues performed. Producer donnie l. betts is best known for his bio film about Oscar Brown Jr, "Music is my Life, Politics my Mistress" and for producing the long running syndicated theatre of the mind radio show, "Destination Freedom: Black Freedom  Days"

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13415890