[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sep 26,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 27 07:55:59 EDT 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 26,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 9PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 26, 2009

Hour 1

STEVE DAVIS - "Yardbird Suite" - Eloquence - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

CHUCK OWEN AND THE JAZZ SURGE - "The Mean Time" - The Comet's Tail - (Mama)

WMU ADVANCED JAZZ COMBO - "Love For Sale" - Rhythm Spirit - (Sea Breeze Vista)

JANE BLACKSTONE - "Nothing Like You" - Natural Habitat NYC - (Motief)

HEATH BROTHERS - "The Rio Dawn" - Endurance - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

Hour 2

SHAREL CASSITY - "Say What" - Relentless - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

BROTHER THELONIOUS QUINTET - "Brother Thelonious" - self titled - (indep)

BOBBY BROOM - "Bemsha Swing" - Plays for Monk - (Origin)

MATT WIGLER - "Mac and Cheese" - Epiphony - (Vista)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Take It To the Ozone" - Flexicon - (Origin)

CHAD MCCULLOUGH - "Three Pillars" - Dark Wood Dark Water - (Origin)

JOE LOCKE - "Ricky's Tune" - Force of Four - (Origin)

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS ONE O'CLOCK LAB BAND - "Sno Peas" - LAB 2009 - (North Texas Jazz)

Hour 3

KEMBA COFIELD - "What You Won't Do For Love" - Shades of Kemba - (indep)

JANINE GILBERT CARTER - "Candy" - A Song For You - (Jazz Karma)

DIANA KRALL - "Frim Fram Sauce" - All For You - (Impulse)

SHELBY LYNNE - "Breakfast in Bed" - Just a Little Lovin - (Lost Highway)

JANE MONHEIT - "So Many Stars" - Surrender - (Concord)

ANITA O'DAY - "It Don't Mean a Thing" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

GAIL PETTIS - "I Just Found Out About Love" - May I Come In - (Origin)

DIANNE REEVES - "Social Call" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Can't Take You Nowhere" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

NINA SIMONE - "Love Me Or Leave Me" - The Ultimate Diva Collection - (Verve)

KENNY WASHINGTON - "I Just Found Out About Love" - Live at Anna's Jazz Island - (indep)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "The Gift of Love" - Live at Birdland - (Summit)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM