[JPL] Mingus-Sun Ra

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Mon Sep 28 07:43:36 EDT 2009

should be available. they are great to talk to. the gig was great also. mingus big band was a star studded band and beautifully played charts. sun ra arkestra was as much fun as I have had in a long time hearing jazz. space IS the place!
BH

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Jason M Miller
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 4:31 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: RE: [JPL] Mingus-Sun Ra

This week's sponsor:  The North Coast Brewing Co Presents "The Brother Thelonious Quintet":

"Brother Thelonious", the new CD from the Brother Thelonious Quintet spotlights the performing, composing and arranging talents of six Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Performance alumni.  Pianist Helen Sung, bassist Alan Hampton, drummer James Alsanders, tenor saxophonist Wayne Escoffery, trumpeter Ambrose Akinmusire and vocalist Gretchen Parlato perform six classic Monk tunes and four original tunes on this new CD.  100% of the proceeds from the sale of "Brother Thelonious" benefit the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz - www.monkinstitute.org

--------

I understand totally.
Are Marshall Allan and Art Jenkins still available to give interviews
relating to the Arkestra?

-----