[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 9/27

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Sep 28 13:47:13 EDT 2009

Here's another week's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight (Maria Jacobs interview)

Maria Jacobs             At Last                 Chasing Dreams
Jacobs

Bobby McFerrin      I Hear Music      Spontaneous Inventions         Blue
Note

Kevyn Lettau           Get Out of Town          Simple Life
JVC

Maria Jacobs         Lullaby of Birdland    Chasing Dreams
Jacobs

Mark Murphy        Green Dolphin Street      Bop for Miles
High Note

Maria Jacobs              Equinox                Chasing Dreams
Jacobs

Maria Jacobs                I Will                                "
"

Rhianon                    Blackbird                In My Prime
Rhianon

1:00AM

Chris Connor             Angel Eyes             Love Stories 2
Shout

Chris Connor           But Not for Me        Female Vocal Classics
Rhino

McCoy Tyner         Blues for Jeff                     Solo
Half Note

SF Jazz Collective   Yes We Can - Victory Dance   Live 2009          SF Jazz

SF Jazz Collective         Yup, We Did                              "
"

Steve Kuhn                Jimmy's Mode          Mostly Coltrane
ECM

2:00AM

Joe Lovano                 Ettenro                                Folk Art
Blue Note

Ornette Coleman     Focus on Sanity      The Shape of Jazz to Come
Atlantic

Bobby Selvaggio          Time Being                       Modern Times
Arabesque

Paul Tynan-Aaron Livingston    March of the Pariahs

Bicoastal Collective         OA2

James Carter        Heaven on Earth                        (same)
Half Note

Joe Martin              The Stoic                     Not By Chance
Anzic

3:00AM

John Hollenbeck          Perseverance          Eternal Interlude
Sunnyside

Chuck Owen            Take a Walk             The Comet's Tail
MAMA

Mike Mainieri-Marnix Busstra    The Same New Story

Twelve Pieces                NYC

Ian Dogole              The Glide                      Crossroads
Sunnyside

Marcie Brown    Dancing with Strings        Butterfly Girl
Marcie Brown

4:00AM

Jim Gailloreto    American Complex-Lullaby    American Complex   Origin

New York Jazz Repertory Orchestra   Variations on a Theme by Frank Poulenc

                                                                    Le Jazz
Hot                        Planet Arts

Mika Pohjola   Duke Ellington's Sound of Love  Northern Sunrise     Blue
Music

James Spaulding      Warm Valley       The Duke of Elegant
High Note

Gerald Wilson              Cass Tech                 Detroit
Mack Avenue

Benny Golson     Along Came Betty       One Day, Forever
Arkadia

5:00AM

George Colligan     Come Together               (same)
Sunnyside

Reuben Wilson          Streets of Laredo              Azure Te
18th and Vine

David Braham    You've Got a Friend          .To Be Free
Random Act

Joel Frahm-Bruce Katz     What a Friend We Have in Jesus

Project A                 Anzic

Daniela Schacter      The Peacocks             Purple Butterfly
Schachter

Jack Cortner         Cantaloupe Island              Sound Check
Jazzed Media

Glenn Cashman   Cookin' with Shorty and Coop

                                                                   Southland
Big Band             Primrose Lane

Shorty Rogers    Casa de Luz; Paul's Pal        Jazz Lite Vol. 1
Jazz Lite

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV