[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, September 29, 2009

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Sep 29 16:14:30 EDT 2009

WFCR Playlist/Jazz a la Mode, Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Golden Anniversary: Jackie McLean's Swing, Swang, Swingin'

David Kikoski, b. New Brunswick, NJ, 9/29/61

8:00 PM Jackie McLean Nature Boy I Can't Get Started Blue Note 1999

8:09 PM David Gibson A Little Something April in Paris Posi-Tone 2009
8:15 PM Sophie Milman Take Love Easy Love for Sale Linus 2009
8:19 PM Jim Snidero Crossfire Time After Time Savant 2009

8:27 PM The Jazztet Complete Argo/Mercury Sessions Django Mosaic 1961
8:32 PM The Jazztet Complete Argo/Mercury Sessions Two Degrees East/Three Degrees West Mosaic 1961

8:43 PM Grant Stewart Plays Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart Sharp Nine 2009
8:51 PM Ted Kooshian Standard Orbit Quartet Purple Gazelle Summit 2009

9:02 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' What's New Blue Note 1959
9:07 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' Let's Face the Music and Dance Blue Note 1959
9:12 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' Stablemates Blue Note 1959

9:21 PM Gerald Wilson Detroit Cass Tech Mack Avenue 2009
9:29 PM Benny Golson New Time New 'Tet Epistrophy Concord Jazz 2009

9:40 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' I Remember You Blue Note 1959
9:45 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' I Love You Blue Note 1959
9:50 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' I'll Take Romance Blue Note 1959
9:56 PM Jackie McLean Swing Swang Swingin' 116th and Lenox Blue Note 1959

10:05 PM The Curtis Brothers Blood Spirit Land Water Freedom Bouncing With Bud CBM 2009
10:12 PM Melissa Morgan Until I Met You The Lamp Is Low Telarc 2009
10:16 PM Etienne Charles Folklore Folklore EC 2009
10:20 PM Irvin Mayfield New Orleans Jazz Orchestra Creole Thang World Village 2009

10:28 PM David Kikoski Mostly Standards Leaves Criss Cross Jazz 2009
10:36 PM Joe Martin Not By Chance Not By Chance Anzic 2009
10:44 PM Gary Burton Quartet Live Fleurette Africaine Concord Jazz 2009
10:51 PM David Kikoski Limits Not the Only Hurting One Criss Cross Jazz 2006

Wednesday: Big T: Jack Teagarden with Louis Armstrong and Bobby Hackett

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR