[JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Wednesday 30 September 2009; 9 AM to Noon Pacific

Ron Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Wed Sep 30 14:43:30 EDT 2009

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist - Wednesday 30 September 2009

Monday thru Friday 3 PM to 6 PM Pacific

Artist / Song Title / Album Title (Label)

* Jimmy Owens & Kenny Barron / You Had Better Listen / You Had Better Listen
(Atlantic)

* Chico Hamilton / Passin' Thru / Passin' Thru (Impulse)

* Richard Howell Quintet / We Are All Connected / We Are All Connected
(Audio Emissary)

* Rez Abassi / Dream State / Things To Come (Sunnyside)

* Robert Glasper / Open Mind / Double Booked (Blue Note)

* David Ashkenazy / I Want You / Out With It (Positone)

* Jack Wilkins / Falling In Love With Love / Merge (Chiaroscuro)

* Jared Gold / Joe's Thing / Supersonic (Positone)

* Etta Jones / You Do Something To Me / My Mother's Eyes (Muse)

* Julie Hardy / Meaning Of The Blues / The Wish (WCM)

* Ben Allison / Peace Pipe / Think Free (Palmetto)

* Joe Martin / Not By Chance / Not By Chance (Anzic)

* Buddy Rich / The Beat Goes On / Big Swing Face (Pacific Jazz)

* Buddy Rich / Channel 1 Suite / Mercy, Mercy (Pacific Jazz)

* Harold Land & Blue Mitchell / Habiba / Mapenzi (Concord)

* The Leaders / Donkey Dust / Out Here Like This... (Black Saint)

* Dirty Dozen Brass Band / Oop Pop A Dah (with Dizzy Gillespie) / Voodoo
(Columbia)

* Dave Douglas / Mr. Pitiful / Spirit Moves (Green Leaf)

* James Carter / Heaven On Earth / Heaven On Earth (HalfNote)

* Larry Young / Gettin' Into It / Groove Street (Prestige)

Recent adds (Label / Artist / Title):

* Anzic: Joel Frahm & Bruce Katz / Project A; Joe Martin / Not By Chance

* Artist Share: Gerald Clayton / Two-Shade

* Audio Emissary: Richard Howell / We Are All Connected

* BCR: Alex Terrier / Roundtrip

* Beegum: David Widelock / Skating On The Sidewalk

* Blue Note: Robert Glasper / Double Booked

* Concord: Terence Blanchard / Choices; Stefon Harris & Blackout / Urbanus;
John Patitucci / Remembrance

* ECM: John Abercrombie / Wait Till You See Her; Jan Garbarek / Dresden In
Concert; Steve Kuhn / Mostly Coltrane; Andy Sheppard / Movements In Colour;
John Surman / Brewster's Rooster; Miroslav Vitous / Remembering Weather
Report

* Emarcy: Roberta Gambarini / So In Love; Roy Hargrove / Emergence

* Foundations Jazz: Dan Moretti / Tres Muse

* Green Leaf: Dave Douglas / Spirit Moves

* Half Note: James Carter / Heaven On Earth; McCoy Tyner / Solo Live From SF

* Heads Up: Mike Stern / Big Neighborhood

* H2O: Chris Pasin / Detour Ahead

* IPO: James Moody / 4A

* JLP: Sharel Cassity / Relentless; Cyrus Chestnut / Spirit; Steve Davis /
Eloquence; Heath Brothers / Endurance

* Masterworks: Eldar / Virtue

* MSM: Massimo Sammi / First Day

* Motema: Lynne Arriale / Nuance; Oran Etkin / Kelenia; Charnett Moffett /
The Art Of Improvisation

* Naim: Laurnce Hobgood / When The Heart Dances; Fred Simon / Since Forever;
Ted Sirota / Seize The Time

* North Coast Brewing: The Brother Thelonious Quintet / Carpe Diem Vita
Brevis

* OA2: Jeff Baker / Of Things Not Seen; AJ Kluth / Twice Now; Ben Neuman /
Introductions

* ObliqSound: Annd Drummond / Like Water; Gretchen Parlato / In A Dream

* Origin: Jon Alberts / Apothecary; Bug / The Gadfly; Kevin Deitz /
Skylines; Diverse / Diverse; Dave Glenn / National Pastime; Chad McCullough
/ Dark Wood, Dark Water; Ricky Sweum / Pulling Your Own Strings; Jessica
Williams / The Art Of The Piano

* Palmetto: Ben Allison / Think Free; Matt Wilson / That's Gonna Leave A
Mark

* Patois: Wayne Wallace / Bien Bien

* Primrose Lane: Glenn Cashman / The Southland Big Band

* PosiTone: David Ashkenazy / Out With It; Mike DiRubbo / Repercussion;
Jared Gold / Supersonic

* Savant: Jerry Bergonzi / Simply Put; Peter Hand / Wizard Of Jazz

* Sea Breeze: Oslandailey Jazztet / Evidence

* Strick Muzik: E.J. Strickland / In This Day

* Sunnyside: Rez Abassi / Things To Come; Venissa Santi / Bienvenida

* Swing Bros.: Tamir Hendelman / Playground

* TRM: Salvatore & Rafalides / Dark Sand

* Ttocs: Cynthia Scott / Dream For One Bright World

* Visionsound: Ben Dowling / World Rising

Send Submissions for Airplay to:

Jazz from Gallery 41

PO Box 8415

Berkeley, CA 94707