[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 30 14:47:29 EDT 2009

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice
of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on
the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA
service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and
reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each
weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone
on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into
Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM
Pacific). Go to the following url (http://www.voanews.com/english/
Entertainment/musicmixold.cfm) and click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” to hear
the show!

Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on
schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your
timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-
america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis
Jazz America…Voice of America
105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424            email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1067...3-4 October 2009
THAD JONES...i’ll remember april (1954)

DIANNE REEVES...eyes on the prize (never too far)

*Geri Allen Interview
GERI ALLEN & TIME LINE…lwb’s house (geri allen & & time line live!)

  KENNY BURRELL…phinupi (1958)

SOPHIE MILLMAN…lonely in new york (millman)

TOMMY FLANAGAN…let’s (sunset & the mockingbird-the birthday concert)

*Geri Allen Interview
GERI ALLEN & TIME LINE…in appreciation (geri allen & & time line live!)

  DONALD BYRD & PEPPER ADAMS…libeccio (motor city scene)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1068...3-4 October 2009
REGINA CARTER…higher ground (motor city moments)

  RAMSEY LEWIS…rendezvous (songs from the heart)

*Getchen Parlato Interview
GRETCHEN PARLATO…butterfly (in a dream)

JOHNNY GRIFFIN…it’s alright by me (1956)

STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT…they won’t go (when I go) (urbanus)

GROVER WASHINGTON, JR.…trouble man (inner city blues)

*Janis Siegel Interview
JANIS SIEGEL & THE COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA…close your eyes (swinging…
playing)

PAT MARTINO & CHARLIE HUNTER…too high (all sides now)

Next Show…

SHOWS #1069-1070...10-11 October 2009
Special Feature: Voices from Detroit Show # 3
FATHERS & SONS!  Conversation with and
music from Dave Brubeck with son Chris Brubeck
and Larry Coryell with son Julian Coryell who
performed at the 30th edition of the Detroit Jazz Fest.