[JPL] KZYX Playlists: The Jazz Odyssey, Monday, Sept 21, & Jazz from the Wharf, Thursday, Sept 24

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Wed Sep 30 20:49:40 EDT 2009

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY Monday, September 21, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Beat Kaestli--La Habanera--Far from Home--B&B
Josh Redman--The Deserving Many--Wish--Warner Brothers

Adam Theis--Darkness/Light--Brass, Bows and Beats--JazzMafia
Adam Theis--Sweet Memory--Brass, Bows and Beats--JazzMafia

Pat Martino--Serpent's Tooth--Fusion for Miles--Tone Center
Pat Martino--Think Tank--Think Tank--Blue Note

Joe Lovano --Us Five--Folk Art--Blue Note
Ornette Coleman--Harlem's Manhattan--The Art of the Improvisors--Atlantic

Bobby Hutcherson--Street Song--Ambos Mundos (Both Worlds)--Landmark
Mark Levine--Off & On--Off & On--Left Coast
Justin Vasquez--One & Only--Tryptych--JV

Adam Theis--Theme in F7 (B6, B9)--Brass, Bows and Beats--Jazz Mafia
Phil Ranelin--Metamorphosis--Living a New Day--Wide Hive
Milt Jackson--Newest Blues--Reverence and Compassion--Qwest

JAZZ FROM THE WHARF Thursday, September 24, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Artist    Song    Album    Label
Joey DeFrancesco/Jimmy Smith--Jones'N for Elvin--Legacy--Concord
Lee Morgan--Speedball--The Gigolo--Blue Note
Joel Frahm & Bruce Katz--Rock Steady--Project A--Anzic Records

Christian McBride--Rainbow Wheel--Inside Straight--Mack Avenue
Sean Jones--Transitions--The Search Within--Mack Avenue
James Carter--Rapid Shave--Present Tense--EmArcy

John Coltrane--Mr. Knight--Coltrane Plays the Blues--Atlantic
John Coltrane--Locomotion--Blue Train--Blue Note
John Coltrane--Monk's Mood--John Coltrane & the Jazz Giants--Prestige

Tete Montoliu--Sophisticated Lady--Lunch in L.A.--Contemporary
Jackie Ryan--I Must Have That Man--Doozy--Open Arts
Bill Evans--Our Delight--New Jazz Conceptions--Riverside

Benny Carter--I'm Coming Virginia--Jazz Giant--Contemporary
Ellington/Hawkins--The Jeep is Jumpin'--Ellington Meets Hawkins--Impulse
Duke Ellington--Ready, Go--Duke Ellington Orch. featuring Paul
Gonsalves--Fantasy

The Spinners--Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You--Spinners--Atlantic
Lavay Smith--Deed I Do--Miss Smith to You--Fat Note