[JPL] Highly recommended new book

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:16:00 EDT 2010

Here in Greenville we had a store where you could play the music on a
turntable.  They had salesmen who came around every other week or
monthly with DEMO LPs for them to listen to prior to making their
orders.  In those days I was the big Jazz Kid and often times the
salesmen would leave me JAZZ DEMOS for my young collection.  I did get
some great music that way. This same store sold audio equipment and that
is where I purchased my first two systems.  Also Kemp's Records in
Chapel Hill had the listening booths where you actually took the LPs
into the booth and played them. What a wonderful way to audition music.
I think I often spent my food money on LPs there while at UNC.  ALOHA
Tom