[JPL] Ty Bailey's 04.04.10 "JUST JAZZ" Play List @ WVST - FM Virginia State University Radio

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 23:39:50 EDT 2010

Ty Bailey

Producer/Announcer

"JUST JAZZ"

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews Available @
<http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

"Just Jazz" is a weekly JAZZ program aired on Public Radio WVST (91.3 FM) on

Sunday night from 8 -10 PM. It showcases the best in JAZZ. Current releases,

reissues and selections from past great recordings are the weekly focus.

Recording information that is both enlightening and educational is provided
for

the listener. "Just Jazz" is streamed 24 hours daily at www.tybailey.com
with a

new show available weekly.

Most Recent Show and Play List is for 04.04.10

ARTIST_____TUNE_______ALBUM

First Segment

Christopher Lehman_ Whatcha Doin'?_ PopJazzic

Maysa_Blue Light_ All My Life

The VW Brothers_ Simone_Muziek

Second Segment

Dave LeMieux and House of Soul_ Acknowledgement_ Jazz Shaped

Dave LeMieux and House of Soul_ Strange Fruit_ Jazz Shaped

Henry Franklin_ Under Tanzanian Skies_ Home Cookin'

Third Segment

Paul Meyers _ Blue Lantern_ Paul Meyers Quartet

The Intervention Band_ Isreal_Homey

KAREN MARGUTH_ ALL OF ME _ KAREN MARGUTH

Fourth Segment

Tobias Gebb and Unit 7_ Softly As In a Morning Contemplation_ Free At Last

Grady Tate_ What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life_ All Love Jazz

James Zollar_ Spasmodic Movements_ Zollar Systems

Fifth Segment

Sumi Tonooka_ South Street_ Initiation

Ulysses Owens, Jr._ The Maestro "Blues"_UO Project It's Time For U

Charlie Apicella & Iron City_ Play It Back_ Sparks

Ellynne Plotnick_Changing Voices/Changing Beauty_ Life Is Beautiful

Sixth Segment

Havana Carbo _La Valse Des Lilas (Once Upon A Summertime)_Havana Carbo CD
2009

Gil Scott-Heron_ On Coming From A Broken Home (Part 1)_ I'm New Here

Gil Scott-Heron_ I'll Take Care Of You)_I'm New Here

Gil Scott-Heron_ On Coming From A Broken Home (Part 2)_ I'm New Here

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews

Posted February 1, 2010

@  <http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

*	Von Freeman - Vonsky Speaks - Nessa NCD - 30
*	Kat Edmonson - Take to the Sky - Convivum CR 0801
*	Mike Longo - Sting Like a Bee- CAP1018
*	Melissa Morgan- Until I met You- Telarc - CD 83684
*	Giacomo Gates - Luminosity -CD/DVD G88-1751
*	Nicole Mitchell's - Black Earth Strings Renegades - Delmark DE 587
*	Chris Greene Quartet- Merge-Single Malt Recordings Sm 004
*	James Carter - Heaven On Earth- Half Note HN 4542
*	BJ Jansen - New York Syracuse Connection - JansenMusic Records, LL
*	David "Fathead "Newman- The Blessing -High Note HCD 7195
*	Sharel Cassidy - Relentless- Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 090100
*	Cyrus Chestnut - Spirit- Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 0901002
*	Steve Davis - Eloquence - Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 0901003
*	The Heath Brothers - Endurance- Jazz Legacy Productions J JLP
0901004