[JPL] Record Store Days

JASSavannah jassav at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 19:32:40 EDT 2010

Bobby Jackson, et al

I was just thumbing through the Record Store Days Book which has a forward by Pete Buck of REM.  It brought back so many memories of those Days In Athens, GA and reminded me how the record stores reflected those Athenian times: culturally, spirtually and chronologically.  There was Wuxtry, Chapter III and others that I spent way too much time (and money) in.  I did manage to save enough to pay my rent.

Those days in Athens  are mirrored in the call to action of many of those people that were part of the Athen's music (and record store) scene at that time in Athens:  You, me, JPLer and record promoter: Mitchell Feldman, Rob Gibson of Jazz At the Lincoln Center fame (now of Savannah Music Festival), Band Members of REM, B-52s . . .  WoW!  What a time to be alive and enjoy the last days of Vinyl.

Larry @ WHCJ in Savannah, GA