[JPL] The best drummer

janleder at aol.com janleder at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 01:29:48 EDT 2010

 Louis,

I used to frequent the club often, and sat in with Papa Jo too, many times.  I was pretty young, but if I recall correctly he really was a fixture on the drums there, and also smiled a whole lot.  I was thinking about the West End recently, and how I also met Eddie Durham there, who played both guitar and trombone... those were some wonderful sessions!