[JPL] The best drummer

janleder at aol.com janleder at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 12:40:41 EDT 2010

 Neither.  I went to SUNY Purchase from '75 to '79 and one of the reasons I went there was because I wanted to be close to New York City; right there where it was happening.  So I would drive in from Westchester, as I do to this day.  I do remember Harold Ashby but not the others.. of course Phil Schaap was making it all happen - he certainly made me feel welcome there and I was pretty shy at the time.  He also helped me a lot with my discography (Women Jazz Instrumentalists 1913-1968).  I probably saw you play too..