[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday April 9 2010

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Apr 9 21:54:47 EDT 2010

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday April 9, 2010

7- 8 PM

Guiness Cork Jazz Festival Featuring Mark McKnight

(Dizzy Gillespie) *Con Alma* –* Trio Talk *– LaFayette Harris Jr. – Airmen
Records

8:01 NPR News

(Henry Mancini) *Theme from Mr. Lucky* –* Donald Byrd at the Half Note Café
Volumes 1 & 2* – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 57187 2 4

(Vic Dickenson) *Constantly *– *Thank You, Ted *– Rob McConnell Tentet –
Justin Time – 173-2

(Harry Woods) *What a Little Moonlight Can Do* – *Clarinetwork* – Anat Cohen
– Anzic – ANZ-1203

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) *A Wonderful Guy *– *Very Tall* – Oscar Peterson
and Milt Jackson – Verve – 827 821-2

(Gillespie) *This Is the Way* – *Gillespiana and Carnegie Hall Concert* –
Verve – 314 519 809-2

(Lee Morgan) *Kozo’s Waltz *– *A Night in Tunisia* – Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers – Blue Note – CDP 7 84049 2

(Tadd Dameron) *If You Could See me Now *– *Out Front* – Rufus Reid – Motema
– MTM-36

9:01 NPR News

(Johnny Mercer, Harold Arlen) *My Shining Hour* – *Ruby Braff and His New
England Songhounds *– Concord Jazz – CCD-4478

(Cole) *All aboard* – *The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole
Trio* – Mosaic – 138 Disc XV

(Gay, Hellman) *Four or Five Times* – *Rhythm Is Our Business* – Jimmie
Lunceford – Living Era – CD AJA 5091

(Ellington, Williams) *Echoes of Harlem* – *The Duke’s Men: Small Groups,
Volume 1* – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 46995

(Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) *You’ll Never Know* –* Ella: The Legendary Decca
Recordings *– Ella Fitzgerald - Decca jazz – GRD-4-648

(Gershwin) *Lady Be Good* – *Another Night in London* – Gene Harris Quartet
– Resonance – HCD-2006

(Frank Foster) *Simone* – *Curiosity* – John Vanore & Abstract Truth –
Acoustical Concepts Inc – AC-17

(Rodgers and Hart) *My Heart Stood Still* – *You’re My Everything* – Cedar
Walton – Evidence – ECD 22194-2

(Comden, Green, Styne) *Just in Time* – *What Is There to Say?* – Gerry
Mulligan – Columbia/Legacy – CK 52978