[JPL] Jazz Times' Farewell to Graciela

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Sat Apr 10 14:33:06 EDT 2010

I was asked by Jazz Times publisher Lee Mergner to write a goodbye tribute to the late "First Lady of Afro Cuban Jazz", Graciela. I was  honored by the opportunity to write my personal take on Gracie and include some biographical data about her extraordinary life and career. It is not a perfect tribute nor it is a biography or discography, it is my heart felt homage to Graciela in accordance to the theme of the Farewell section of Jazz Times magazine.

http://jazztimes.com/sections/farewells/articles
click on header to read the Farewell.

Arturo Gómez
jazz89KUVO/KVJZ