[JPL] Re: Stations with website links to Amazon

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Fri Apr 16 16:56:05 EDT 2010

Jan wrote <<< Many stations have links off their website playlists to purchase music at Amazon and receive a percentage of the transaction value back to help support the station.  In classical music, some stations use Arkimusic the same way. >>>>>

Until about 2-3 weeks ago, jazz89KUVO/KVJZ had that link to Amazon and since its inception about a year ago we received a little extra income from the sales we would get a small commission from. However, due to a recent Colorado law change that took effect, it became either too costly or illegal for it to continue, I forget which, regardless we were forced to eliminate it.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
It's our 25th Silver Anniversary!
The Oasis In The City, along The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station