[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 4/16/10

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:38:52 EDT 2010

This week's "General Eclectic" was part of the "Radio-a-Thon" for Fredonia
Radio Systems' major annual fundraising event, "Rockin' the Commons". This
outdoors event (unfortunately held indoors this year because of cold, wind,
and rain) raises much-needed dollars for Roswell Park Cancer Institute in
Buffalo. This year's spcial focus is the fight against against acute
lymphocytic leukemia, in honor of a SUNY Fredonia student currently battling
the diaease. Portions of this week's program were thus devoted to talk
between songs rather than music, but certainly in a worthy cause. To the
list:

Brotherhood of the Jug Band Blues - El Hombre - Word To Mother

Professor Louie and the Crowmatix - I Wouldn't Do It That Way - Whispering
Pines

Laurie Lewis - The Roughest Road - Blossoms

Five Play Jazz Quintet - Off the Ground - FivePlay Jazz Quintet

Missy Andersen - Stand Up and Dance - Missy Andersen

Bruce Cockburn - Put It In Your Heart - Slice O Life: Live Solo

Michael Troy - Marlene - Mill Town Boy

Eric St-Laurent - Peppercorn - Epoch

Kajsa Vala - Broken - Your Train

Rickie Byars Beckworth & the Agape International Choir, feat. Angel Travis -
We Let It Be - The Answer Is You: Music from the PBS Special (various
artists)

Much More Chill - Down on the Corner/You Can Call Me Al - Much More Chill
(note: MMC is a SUNY Fredonia acappella group, performing at this year's
Rockin' The Commons event)

Matt Brown - Carroll County Blues - My Native Home

Sue and Dwight - Mercury Rising - Little Child Big World

Ana Moura - Caso Arrumado - Leva-Me Aos Fados

Chastity Brown - Pull Myself Together - Sankofa

Marty Grebb - The Memphis Shuffle - Beware of the World (various artists)

Storyhill - Better Angels - Shade of the Trees

Philip Glass/Los Angeles Master Chorale (Grant Gershon, cond.) - Glass: "The
Lake" from "Itaipu" - Itaipu

Wellstone Conspiracy - Phindango - Motives

Katie Knipp - Time - Midnight Mind

Gerry Gibbs and the Electric Thrasher Orchestra - In A Silent Way - The
Music of Miles Davis, 1967-1975

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic" - streaming Fridays 10 AM-noon at