[JPL] Re: Stations with website links to Amazon, the why

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Mon Apr 19 13:16:51 EDT 2010

I wrote <<< Until about 2-3 weeks ago, jazz89KUVO/KVJZ had that link to Amazon and since its inception about a year ago we received a little extra income from the sales we would get a small commission from. However, due to a recent Colorado law change that took effect, it became either too costly or illegal for it to continue, I forget which, regardless we were forced to eliminate it. >>>

What happened is that Colorado joined 10 other states that now require sales tax to be collected even for purchases made from firms located out of their home state. Because of that, Amazon opted to stop doing linked business in those 11 states.

KUVO/KVJZ is in the process of linking out playlist to a local indy source.

Arturo Gómez

Music Director

It's our 25th Silver Anniversary!

The Oasis In The City, along The Front Range and the High Country!

jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL

Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station