[JPL] A-Trane Playlist April 16th 2010 - CFRO 102.7 FM Vancouver BC - Juno Awards Week

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 01:37:57 EDT 2010

*A-Trane Playlist April 16th 2010*

No. * Song title * * * Artist *:* Recording * * Label * Instrumental *[MAPL]

1 * Take the A-Train * * * Tony Foster *:* In Between Moods * * independent
* yes * [MAP-]

2 * All the Things You Are * * * Johnny Griffin/Hank Mobley/John Coltrane *:
* A Blowing Session * * Blue Note * yes * [----]
3 * Good Bait * * * Johnny Griffin *:* Studio Jazz Party * * Riverside [Jap]
* yes * [----]

4 ****** New Piece * * * Kirk MacDonald *:* Songbook Vol. 1 * * Addo *
yes *[MAP-]
5 ****** C'est Merveilleux * * * Emilie-Claire Barlow *:* Haven’t We
Met * *Empress
* No * [MAP-]
6 ****** You're Driving Me Crazy * * * Emilie-Claire Barlow *:* Haven’t We
Met * * Empress * No * [MAP-]
7 ****** Comin' Home Baby * * * Emilie-Claire Barlow *:* Haven’t We
Met * *Empress
* No * [MAP-]
8 ****** Haven't We Met * * * Emilie-Claire Barlow *:* Haven’t We Met
* *Empress
* No * [MAP-]

9 ****** Regeneration Suite * * * Al Henderson *:* Regeneration * *Cornerstone
* yes * [MAP-]

10 ****** Mrs. Morris * * * Charles Spearin *:* The Happiness Project
* *Art & Crafts
* No * [MAPL]
11 ****** Anna * * * Charles Spearin *:* The Happiness Project * * Art &
Crafts * No * [MAPL]
12 ****** Victoria * * * Charles Spearin *:* The Happiness Project * * Art &
Crafts * No * [MAPL]
13 ****** Vanessa * * * Charles Spearin *:* The Happiness Project * * Art &
Crafts * No * [MAPL]

14 ****** Habeas Corpus (For Maher Arar) * * * Darcy James Argue's Secret
Society *:* Infernal Machines * * New Amsterdam * yes * [MAP-]
15 ****** A Crooked Road * * * Ranee Lee *:* Lives Upstairs * * Justin Time
* No * [MAP-]

16 ****** Free Spirit (For Hermeto Pascoal) * * * Darren Sigesmund
*:*Strands II
* * independent * yes * [MAP-]
17 ****** Feel Free * * * Terry Clarke *:* It's About Time * * Blue Music
Group * yes * [MAP-]

18 ****** Stripes * * * Bell Orchestre *:* As Seen Through Windows * * Art &
Crafts * yes * [MAP-]
19 ****** Elephants * * * Bell Orchestre *:* As Seen Through Windows * * Art
& Crafts * yes * [MAP-]

20 ****** Dock Boggs * * * Canaille *:* Potential Things * * Standard Form
Recordings * yes * [MAP-]
21 ****** Motion * * * Hilario Duran *:* Motion * * Alma * yes * [MAP-]

22 * No Mango No Music * * * Chris Gestrin/Nightcrawlers *:*
Presenting * *Cellar Live
* yes * [MAP-]

**** - Juno Nominees*
**** - Juno Winners*

Except for a short side-trip to Chicago, just about all Canadian show this
week, celebrating the Jazz side of the Juno Awards. Strong collection of
nominees this year, (I would have had a hard time figuring out who to vote
for!) and the winners all certainly deserving.

By the way, there's a new audio archive at coop radio which will allow you
to either listen to archived shows or download mp3s of the show to listen to
at your leisure. Still a little primitive (the shows don't start and stop at
the right time yet and the hour long clips overlap a little) but definitely
a step in the right direction. The last couple of weeks are up now at:
http://beta.coopradio.org/station/archives/54 so if you want to check out
the Juno nominees (and the winners!).

The show was bookended with local gigs from artists who would not be out of
place in an awards list: *Tony Foster* at O'Doul's and *Chris Gestrin* at
the Cellar both last weekend.

This week continuing with the Spring Membership Drive, the station is
celebrating its 35th Anniversary (!) and the A-Trane has been on the air for
over 25 of those years(!!!) and we're doing a 1975-themed show. (If you have
any 35-year old requests you've been wanting to get on the air, now's the
time to drop me a line!)

Also this week, some previews of upcoming concerts. I'll have some choice
give-aways including tickets and other swag for the upcoming *Pat Metheny
Orchestrion* concert (see
http://vancouverjazz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3502) and several other
surprises so don't miss it.

N.