[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday April 20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Apr 20 21:44:25 EDT 2010

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday April 20, 2010

(Gigi Gryce) *Mosquito Knees* – *Stan Getz: The Complete Roost Recordings* –
Stan Getz – CDP 7243 8 59624 2 4

* *

*Honey in the Bee Ball / Doug, the Jitterbug* – *Louis Jordan and His
Tympany Five* – JSP Records – CD 905A

(Jolson, Rose, Dreyer) *Back in Your Own Back Yard* – *Born to Be Blue* –
Grant Green – Blue Note – CDP 7 84432 2

(Robert Higginbotham) *High Heel Sneakers* – *Triple Treat III *– Monty
Alexander, Ray Brown, Herb Ellis – Concord Jazz – CCD-4394

(Walter Hirsch, Fred Rose) *Deed I Do* – *Rene Marie Live at Jazz
Standard*– Maxjazz – MXJ 116

(Lewis, Schwartz, Young) *Rock-a-bye Your Baby to a Dixie Melody* – *Sonny
Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders* – Contemporary – OJCCD-340-2

8:01 NPR News

(Bebo Valdes) *De Baracutey* – *Bebo de Cuba* – Bebo Valdes - Calle 54
Records – 45400-2

(Johnson)* Shutterbug **– J.J. Inc* – J.J,Johnson - Columbia/Legacy – CK
65296

(Roditi) *Alberto and Daisy* – *Simpatico* – Claudio Roditi – Resonance –
HCD-2008

(Monk) *Let’s Cool One* –* Misterioso *– Thelonious Monk – Riverside –
OJCCD-206-2

(Count Basie) *Jumpin’ at the Woodside* – *Duke Ellington Meets Count
Basie*– Columbia/Legacy – CK 65571

(Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) *As Long As I Live* – *Inside This Heart of Mine
*  - Catherine Russell – World Village – 468092

9:01 NPR News

(Ellington, Mills) *It Don’t Mean a Thing if It Ain’t Got That Swing* – *Plenty
Swing, Plenty Soul* – Eric Reed, Cyrus Chestnut  - Savant – SCD 2104

(Harry Warren, Al Dubin) *I Only Have Eyes for You *– *Solitude *– Billie
Holiday – Verve – 314 519 810-2

(Tiny Grimes) *Blues Wail* – *Blues Groove –* Tiny Grimes with Coleman
Hawkins – Prestige – OJCCD-817-2

(Eddie Palmieri) *EP Blues* – *Listen Here!* – Eddie Palmieri – Concord
Picante – CCD-2276-2

(Burke, Van Heusen) *It Could Happen to You* –* Evolution* – Dave Glasser

(Russell) *This Masquerade* – *Another Night in London* – Gene Harris
Quartet – Resonance – HCD-2006