[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - April 19 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Wed Apr 21 18:53:25 EDT 2010

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, April 19, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio - www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Had fun mixing in some blues and some traditional jazz with some of
the cool new releases we've gotten in recently. Cheers, all! Jerry

Artist--Song--Album--Label
Maria Muldaur--Sweetheart--Waitress in a Donut Shop--Reprise

Avery Sharpe--I Understand--Avery Sharpe Trio Live--JKNM
Nice Guy Trio--Apples--Here Comes the Nice Guy Trio--Porto Franco
Bobby Hutcherson--The Omen--Happenings--Blue Note

Teddy Wilson--Runnin' Wild--Running' Wild--Black Lion
Muggsy Spanier--At the Jazz Band Ball--Chicago Jazz--RKO
Trombone Shorty--Hurricane Season--Backatown--Verve
Eddie Lang-Joe Venuti--Farewell Blues--The Golden Horn of Jack Teagarden--Decca
Dirty Dozen Brass Band--Blackbird Special--This is the Dirty Dozen
Brass Band--Shout

Riyel--Big Money--Riyel--Summit
Eddie Marshall--Holy Mischief--Eddie Marshall & Holy Mischief--Ruddy Duck
Mitch Marcus Quintet--Countdown 2 Meltdown--Countdown 2 Meltdown--Porto Franco

Antonio Ciacca--Take the D Train--Lagos Blues--Motema
Ian Carey Quintet--Sockdolager--Contextualizin'--Kabocha
Alexander Berensen--Osto--Take Me With You--Butman

Mose Allison--Fools Paradise--The Mose Chronicles Vol 2--Blue Note (request)
Furry Lewis--St. Louis Blues--Back on My Feet Again--Prestige
Louis Jordan--Somebody Done Changed the Lock on My Door--Greatest Hits
Vol 2 (1941-1947)--MCA
Phineas Newborn--New Blues--The Great Jazz Piano of Phineas
Newborn--Contemporary/OJC
Louis Jordan--Reet, Petite and Gone--Greatest Hits Vol 2 (1941-1947)--MCA

--
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing
jerry at rocketwords.com