[JPL] Ty Bailey's 04.25.10 "JUST JAZZ" Play List @ WVST - FM Virginia State University Radio

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 21:57:49 EDT 2010

Ty Bailey

Producer/Announcer

"JUST JAZZ"

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews Available @
<http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

"Just Jazz" is a weekly JAZZ program aired on Public Radio WVST (91.3 FM) on

Sunday night from 8 -10 PM. It showcases the best in JAZZ. Current releases,

reissues and selections from past great recordings are the weekly focus.

Recording information that is both enlightening and educational is provided
for

the listener. "Just Jazz" is streamed 24 hours daily at www.tybailey.com
with a

new show available weekly.

Most Recent Show and Play List is for 04.25.10

ARTIST_____TUNE_______ALBUM

First Segment

Charlie Apicella & Iron City_ Play It Back_ Sparks

Gil Scott-Heron_ I'll Take Care Of You_ I'm New Here

David Sanborn_ Blues In THe Night_ Only Everything

Second Segment

Trombone Shorty_ Neph_ Backatown

The VW Brothers_ Simone_Muziek

The Big Phat Band with Take 6  & Brian McKnight_Comes Love_XXL

Third Segment

Christopher Lehman_ Whatcha Doin'?_ PopJazzic

Kat Parra_ Los Bilbilicos_ Dos Amantes

Jacky Terrasson_ Gaux Girl_ Push

Fourth Segment

Henry Franklin_ Soko_Home Cookin'

Carl Allen & Rodney Whitaker_ Work to Do_ Work To Do

Dave LeMieux and House of Soul_ Acknowledgement_ Jazz Shaped

Fifth Segment

Nnenna Freelon_ The Very Thought Of You_ Home Free

James Zollar_ Spasmodic Movements_ Zollar Systems

Ulysses Owens, Jr._ The Maestro "Blues"_UO Project It's Time For U

Sixth Segment

The Intervention Band_ Isreal_Homey

Roy Haynes_ April in Paris_ Birds of a Feather

Sumi Tonooka_ South Street_ Initiation

"NEW" Snapshot Jazz Recording Reviews

Posted February 1, 2010

@  <http://www.tybailey.com/> www.tybailey.com

*	Von Freeman - Vonsky Speaks - Nessa NCD - 30
*	Kat Edmonson - Take to the Sky - Convivum CR 0801
*	Mike Longo - Sting Like a Bee- CAP1018
*	Melissa Morgan- Until I met You- Telarc - CD 83684
*	Giacomo Gates - Luminosity -CD/DVD G88-1751
*	Nicole Mitchell's - Black Earth Strings Renegades - Delmark DE 587
*	Chris Greene Quartet- Merge-Single Malt Recordings Sm 004
*	James Carter - Heaven On Earth- Half Note HN 4542
*	BJ Jansen - New York Syracuse Connection - JansenMusic Records, LL
*	David "Fathead "Newman- The Blessing -High Note HCD 7195
*	Sharel Cassidy - Relentless- Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 090100
*	Cyrus Chestnut - Spirit- Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 0901002
*	Steve Davis - Eloquence - Jazz Legacy Productions JLP 0901003
*	The Heath Brothers - Endurance- Jazz Legacy Productions J JLP
0901004