[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 4/25

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Apr 26 09:03:24 EDT 2010

Here's last Saturday's listing for Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight

Stan Kenton Alumni Band     Join Tenancy

                                                   Have Band Will Travel
Summit

Duke Ellington    Take the "A" Train      The Duke
Columbia/Legacy

Ken Peplowski    Multi-Colored Blue      Noir Blue                  Capri

John Vanore      Dream Dancing             Curiosity
Acoustical Concepts

John Fedchock      Moon Alley

                                Live at the Red Sea Jazz Festival
Capri

Tom Harrell          Harvest Song         Roman Nights                High
Note

Peter Dominquez

1:00AM

Duke Ellington-John Coltrane   Angelica     DE&JC                Impulse

Jiggs Whigham-Carl Fontana   Take the Coltrane

                                                          Nice and Easy
TNC Jazz

Troy Andrews    In the 6th             Backatown
Verve

Howard Levy    Slanted Samba   Tonight and Tomorrow         Chicago Sessions

Claudio Roditi      Spring Samba      Simpatico
Resonance

Gene Harris          Meditation     Another Night in London       Resonance

Avery Sharpe        Oh No!                        Live
JKNM

Bill Charlap             Rocker     Live at the Village Vanguard     Blue
Note

2:00AM

Duke Ellington    Medley:  Black and Tan Fantasy/Creole Love Call/

                                 The Mooche          At the Alhambra
Pablo

Johnny Hodges     Reeling and Rocking   Complete Verve         Mosaic

Cedar Walton      Sophisticated Lady   The Duke of Elegant      High Note

New York Jazz Repertory Orchestra   Le Petit Fleur

Le Jazz Hot       Planet Arts

Anat Cohen   What a Little Moonlight Can Do   Clarinetwork  Anzic

Dee Dee Bridgewater    Strange Fruit  To Billie With Love       DDB

Tony Scott       Misery (To Lady Day)           Sung Heroes
Sunnyside

3:00AM

Duke Ellington         St. Louis Blues    The Cosmic Scene          Mosaic

UT Jazz Orchestra et al   Queenie Pie: Overture;  Full Moon      Longhorn
Music

Geri Allen     God's Ancient Sky   Flying Toward the Sound      Motema

Frank Kimbrough       Sure as We're All Here       Rumors          Palmetto

New York Art Quartet           Old Stuff                    (same)
Cuneiform

4:00AM

Duke Ellington-John Coltrane    Big Nick   DE & JC                  Impulse

John Coltrane       Lush Life       Fearless Leader
Prestige

Thelonious Monk-John Coltrane     Trinkle, Tinkle

                                                    (Remaster Sampler)
OJC

Wellstone Conspiracy    A Flower is a Lovesome Thing

Motives                   Origin

Marion Brown       La Sorella              Why Not?
Esp-disk'

Aaron Immanuel Wright    Something Mainstream

                                                               Eleven
Daughters            Origin

5:00AM

Dave Frishberg    Walkin' on Wall Street; My Attorney Bernie

Retromania         Arbors

Jim Pearce   I Hates to Leaves Ya But I Gots to Went

                              I'm in the Twilight of a Mediocre Career
Oak Avenue

Mose Allison    My Brain; I'm Alright   The Way of the World   Anti-

Duke Ellington    Stomping at the Savoy; One O'Clock Jump

                                                Dance Concerts California
1958    Saja

Harris Simon      Stonehenge        The Mastery of Passion
Resonance

Nnenna Freelon            Skylark           Homefree
Concord

Gene Bertoncini     One Morning in May

                             The Heart and Soul of Hoagy Carmichael
TNC Jazz