[JPL] Top Jazz CD's of the first decade of the 21st Century

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 19:59:12 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I've been thinking of doing a special program highlighting the best Jazz CD's produced in the first decade of the 21st century.

I know how relative and contentious these lists could be but I think that they are useful to attract people's attention towards talented musicians who are trying to push Jazz in new directions. They are the keepers of the flame and sometimes it's so difficult for them to get the attention they deserve, in the shadow of so many giants.

So could you tell me what would be your top 5 or top 10 Jazz CD's of the past decade?

Could I encourage you to focus on CD's & artists that were highly representative and influential, that work in the U.S but also 'overseas'?

I'm very curious about your opinions.

My taste is perhaps too eclectic and being outside the U.S market, I'm not exposed to the avalanche of releases that you deal with, so I truly value your opinion.

Thank you !

Juan Carlos Valencia
2MBS. 102.5 FM
Sydney. Australia