[JPL] The Jazz Session #164: Henry Threadgill

Jason Crane|The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu Apr 29 00:04:19 EDT 2010

THE JAZZ SESSION #164: HENRY THREADGILL. Multi-instrumentalist and
composer Henry Threadgill has always followed his own particular muse,
and his new album, And This Brings Us To, Vol. 1 (Pi Recordings, 2009),
is no different. In this interview, Threadgill discusses the musical
language he’s developed, and the demands it places on the musicians who
play with him; why he constantly searches for new ways of writing and
playing; how cell phones and other digital technology are changing the
way we interact with music and with each other; and the changes in the
New York scene since the days when he arrived in the city.

LISTEN:
http://thejazzsession.com/2010/04/29/the-jazz-session-164-henry-threadgill/

--
Jason Crane
Host/Producer

Unexpected Sunlight (FootHills Publishing, 2010),
my first collection of poetry, is now available:
http://jasoncrane.org/store

(Sent via carrier pigeon from
my secret mountain hideout)