[JPL] Thank You

Lloyd Townsend, Jr. jazz at imaginaryrecords.com
Sun Aug 1 16:06:25 EDT 2010

Laurie:

This happens to all of us.  Unfortunately, for whatever reason, too
many people fortunate enough to receive promo copies do not keep them
-- they give them away, either to friends or to winners of on-air
"contests" (acceptable), donate them to charity (acceptable), or sell
them online (acceptable, to an extent, if the money goes to a charity
or to support jazz radio; NOT acceptable if the money goes into
personal pockets).

Unfortunately, the quick turnover to markets really hurts independent
artists and smaller labels.  For example, over the several years I've
had my label's titles listed on Amazon -- 7 different jazz titles by
three different groups -- I have sold a grand total of ONE COPY of
one of these titles through Amazon.

And this is the main reason it's usually two to four years between
releases on my label.

Hope your release does well,

Lloyd Townsend
Prop., Imaginary Records