[JPL] Mitch Miller, Influential Record Industry Executive & Maestro Of The Singalong, Dies at 99

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 2 23:19:58 EDT 2010


Wow!!!

That's huge!  I thought he was gone already.....

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson



On Aug 2, 2010, at 11:05 PM, Paul Combs wrote:

> Save $40 to $90 this week only on registration for JazzWeek Summit  
> 2011, June 16-18: http://summit.jazzweek.com/ -- Special extra early- 
> bird pricing ends August 7.
>
> First 20 to sign up will be entered to win a Xerox Rochester  
> International Jazz Festival club pass or one night's hotel  
> accommodations.
>
> ------
>
>
> Oh good! Thanks Mitchell,
>
> Paul
>
> MFA - Jazz Radio Promotion, Publicity & Consulting wrote:
>> Save $40 to $90 this week only on registration for JazzWeek Summit  
>> 2011, June 16-18: http://summit.jazzweek.com/ -- Special extra  
>> early-bird pricing ends August 7.
>>
>> First 20 to sign up will be entered to win a Xerox Rochester  
>> International Jazz Festival club pass or one night's hotel  
>> accommodations.
>>
>> ------
>>
>>
>> No they didn't...read the obituary all the way through and you will  
>> find:
>>
>> "...He continued to play the oboe after he became a record  
>> producer, most notably on the recordings the great jazz saxophonist  
>> Charlie Parker made with a string orchestra."
>> [JPL] Mitch Miller, Influential Record Industry Executive & Maestro  
>> Of The	Singalong, Dies at 99
>>
>> Paul Combs pcomb at comcast.net Mon Aug 2 18:19:22 EDT 2010
>> Previous message: [JPL] Mitch Miller, Influential Record Industry  
>> Executive & Maestro Of The Singalong, Dies at 99
>> Next message: [JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Monday 02  
>> August 2010; Noon to 3 PM Pacific
>> Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
>> But... they forgot to say he played on Bird with Strings!!
>>
>> MFA - Jazz Radio Promotion, Publicity & Consulting wrote:
>>
>>> Save $40 to $90 this week only on registration for JazzWeek Summit  
>>> 2011, June 16-18: http://summit.jazzweek.com/ -- Special extra  
>>> early-bird pricing ends August 7.
>>>
>>> First 20 to sign up will be entered to win a Xerox Rochester  
>>> International Jazz Festival club pass or one night's hotel  
>>> accommodations.
>>>
>>> ------
>>>
>>>
>>> Link to NY Times obituary below...
>>>
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/03/arts/music/03miller.html?_r=1&hp
>>>
>>>
>>> ____________________________________
>>> mfa - mitchell feldman associates
>>> ...radio promotion, publicity & consulting for the international  
>>> jazz community
>>>
>>> 2059 Heckle Street
>>> Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
>>> Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
>>> MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
>>> www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
>>> www.JazzRadioPromotionAndPublicity.com
>>> SKYPE = birdmonk
>>>
>>> Finalist - 2010 & 2008 JazzWeek Radio Promoter of The Year
>>>
>>> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>>> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>>> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
>>> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Previous message: [JPL] Mitch Miller, Influential Record Industry  
>> Executive & Maestro Of The Singalong, Dies at 99
>> Next message: [JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Monday 02  
>> August 2010; Noon to 3 PM Pacific
>> Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
>> More information about the jazzproglist mailing list
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ____________________________________
>> mfa - mitchell feldman associates
>> ...radio promotion, publicity & consulting for the international  
>> jazz community
>>
>> 2059 Heckle Street
>> Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
>> Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
>> MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
>> www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
>> www.JazzRadioPromotionAndPublicity.com
>> SKYPE = birdmonk
>>
>> Finalist - 2010 & 2008 JazzWeek Radio Promoter of The Year
>>
>> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
>> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com



More information about the jazzproglist mailing list