[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - August 2 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Thu Aug 5 20:44:35 EDT 2010

Greetings! I took another week off at the end of July (I'm sure everyone is
tracking my activities closely!), but here's this week's Jazz Odyssey
playlist. Best, Jerry

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, August 2, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

 *Lynne Ariale Trio* - “Come Together” from *Lynne Ariale Trio Live* on *
Motema*
*Ray Barretto* - “Brandy's Blues” from *Standards Rican-ditioned* on *ZOHO*
*Donald Byrd* - “Nai Nai” from *Free Form* on *BLUE NOTE**
Don Byas* - “Beryl Booker's Byas-ed Blues” from *Don Byas* on *Inner City**
Arther 'Big Boy' Crudup -* “Landlord Blues” from *Look on Yonder's Blues* on
*Delmark**
Patricia Barber* - “You Don't Know Me” from *Nightclub* on *KOCH RECORDS*

*Trombone Shorty* - “Something Beautiful” from *Backatown* on *Verve
Forecast**
Paul Carr* - “Between Worlds” from *Straight Ahead Soul* on *PCJ**
Mitch Marcus Quintet* - “Ron and the Machete” from *Countdown 2 Meltdown* on
*Porto Franco*

*Dave Wilson Quartet* - “Like GS 2” from *Spiral* on *Summit**
Amina Figarova* - “Breakfast for the Elephant” from *Sketches* on *Munch**
The Stephen Andersen Trio* - “Moments of the Sublime” from *Forget Not*

*Fred Fried And Core* - “Weather Changes” from *Core 3.0* on *Ballet Tree
Jazz Productions**
Riyel* - “Talk to My Dog” from *Riyel* on *Summit**
Peter Apfelbaum* - “The World is Gifted” from *Signs of Life* on *Antilles**
Souren Baronian* - “11th Hour” from *Ocean Algae* on *Carlee Records*

*The Modern Jazz Quartet* - “The Golden Striker” from *Jazz Dialogue* on *
Atlantic*

--
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing