[JPL] Monday August 2nd 2010 "Jazz Til Dawn" * Radio Adelaide 101.5FM

Gregory L Fisher jazzviews at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 6 01:50:55 EDT 2010

Jazz til Dawn continues ...  Bigger than ever!!!!!!

Now from Sunday @ 12:00pm to 6am Monday .... that's 6.0 hours of Jazz!!!

This Week’s Schedule

12:00pm-1:00am The Breeze – John Deagan

1:00am-2:00am Modern Jazz Classics – Dr. Bob Stockton – (Author of: Listening to Ghosts)

    MJC-127  Dr Bob (2nd Hour)

Horace Silver Quintet / Me And My Baby / Horace-Scope /
Blue Note

Scott Martin / Listen Up / Menudo & Gritz / SCM Records

Ella Fitzgerald / Sunny Side Of The Street / Smooth Sailing / Proper
(British)

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers / Soft Winds / At The Cafe
Bohemia, Vol.1 / Blue Note

Vault Selection: Miles Davis / Boplicity / The Complete Birth Of The
Cool / Capitol Jazz / 1949

Mal Waldron-John Coltrane / While My Lady Sleeps / Soul Eyes(Memorial
Album / Prestige

Lou Donaldson / Play Ray / Blues Walk / Blue Note

Teddy Charles / Just One Of Those Things / Word From Bird / Koch Jazz

    *****

2-4am New York Jazz – Tom Parker

4-5am Anything Goes – Lise Avery

    Anything Goes Lise Avery #508

“Anything Goes” - Tony Bennett with Count Basie & Orch
(Themesong)

“The Poetry Man” - Queen Latifah

“Georgia Rose” - Queen Latifah w/Stevie Wonder

“It Ain’t Necessarily So” - Aretha Franklin

“Summertime” - Billie Holiday

“Mine” - Jo Stafford

“They All Laughed” - Fred Astaire

“I Want Some Sugar in My Bowl” - Queen Latifah

“Into the Walls of Madonus” - Mark O’Connor & His Hot Swing

“Soppin the Gravy”- Mark O’Connor & His Hot Swing

“‘’SWonderful” - Ruby Braff & Coleman Hawkins

“A Foggy Day” - George Benson

“I Got Rhythm” - Benny Goodman Sextet

5-6am Jazz Made In Australia – hosted by Paula Langlands

Check out the incidental music:

Artist / CD Title / Track Title / Label

Ray Vega / Squeeze Squeeze / Squeeze Squeeze / Palmetto Records

Paul Desmond / Bridge Over Troubled Water / America / Verve

* Chris Foster Trio / Jazzaziz Vol 4. / First Day Back / Jazzaziz WA

Wayne Wallace / The Nature Of The Beat / Fascinatin' Rhythm / Patois
Records

* Australian artists on recording

streaming live 24/7 at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/listenonline