[JPL] Jazz from the Wharf - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - July 15 & 29 Playlists

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Fri Aug 6 17:47:48 EDT 2010

Greetings! I have been posting my own playlists here for quite a while, but
I've long been hoping to get a wider representation of KZYX jazz hosts onto
this valuable programmers resource. Accordingly, KZYX veteran Jon Solow, who
hosts the excellent Jazz from the Wharf every other week (alternating with
several local guest hosts) has begun providing me with playlists. Jon has
been doing his thing on KZYX for many year, but he is wholly Internet
averse, so he and I will be teaming up to present his lists here. Here are
Jon's two most recent shows. Enjoy!  Best, Jerry Karp, for KZYX FM,
Mendocino Public Radio

JAZZ FROM THE WHARF - Tuesday, July 29, 2010, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio
www.kzyx.org - PO Box 1, Philo, CA 95466
Hosted by Jon Solow
Contact: Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

ARTIST--SONG--ALBUM--LABEL
Eddie Henderson--Prince of Darkness--So What--Columbia
Larry Coryell--Naima--Monk, Trane, Miles & Me--High Note
Nathan Eklund--Emancipated Thinking--The Crooked Line--Jazz Excursioin

Joey DeFrancesco--Malafemmena--Goodfellas--Concord
Taylor Eigsti--Things Ain't What They Used to Be--Resonance--Bop City
Nathan Eklund--Isobel--The Crooked Line--Jazz Excursion

Charles Mingus--GG Train--Mingus Ah Um--Columbia
Brad Mehldau Trio--Wonderwall--Live--Nonesuch
Gibbs, DeFranco Ellis Sextet--Just One of Those Things--Kings of
Swing--Contemporary

Goodfellas--Pop Gun--Goodfellas 2--Evidence
Mark Weinstein--Watermelon Man--Timbasa--Jazzheads
Matt Haviland--Bolivia--Beyond Good and Evil--Connotation Records

Terry Gibbs--This Masquerade--Feelin' Good: Live in the Studio--Mack Avenue
Yotam--The Most Beautiful Girl--Resonance--Jazz Legacy

JAZZ FROM THE WHARF - Tuesday, July 15, 2010, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Contact: Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

ARTIST--SONG--ALBUM--LABEL
Tim Warfield--I'll be Seeing You--A Sentimental Journey--Criss Cross Jazz
Amad Jamal--My Inspiration--A Quiet Time--Dreyfus Jazz
Joshua Redmond--Faith--Mood Swing--Mood Swing

Mark Weinstein--A Ernesto--Timbasa--Jazzzheads
Yotam--Mamacita--Resonance--Jazz Legacy
Madeleine Payroux--No More--Careless Love--Rounder

Phil Brown--Bright Side--Bright Side--A Caldera
Reuben Rogers--Shed--The Things I Am--Renwick Entertainment
Mose Allison--Once in a While--The Way of the World--Anti

Goodfellas--Look Out--Goodfellas 2--Evidence
Peter Nero--West Side Story--In Person--RCA Victor
Stephen Scott--Behind the Scenes--Aminah's Dream--Verve

Wayne Shorter--Atlantis--Footprints Live--Verve
Igor Butman Big Band--We'll Be Back--Moscow @ 3 A.M.--Butman Music
George Brooks--Sri Rollins--Spirit and Spice--Earth Brother Music

Bob Montgomery/Al Hermann Quintet--Blue--On the Brink--Summit Records

Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing
PO Box 556
Boonville, CA 95415