[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Aug 8 13:27:33 EDT 2010

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). Go to the following url…(http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html)
…to get more info on Jazz America and to listen to the latest program in MP3 form or on Windows Media Player.

Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays
Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz
Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz
Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz

Jazz America is also heard on affiliate FM & AM stations worldwide. International listeners should check their local radio station guide for more information. For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-america at voa.gov.
Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003
phone...212 614-0424   email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1157...14-15 AUGUST 2010
OSCAR PETERSON...jubilation (1981)
CASSANDRA WILSON...caravan (loverly)
* Roswell Rudd Interview
ROSWELL RUDD…bone again with bonerama (trombone tribe)
BENNY GREEN...grooveyard (naturally)
JOE HENDERSON…our thing (our thing)
GRETCHEN PARLATO...weak (in a dream)
* Maria Schneider Interview
MARIA SCHNEIDER…dance you monster to my soft song(evanescence)
JOHN McLAUGHLIN…discovery (to the one)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1158...14-15 AUGUST 2010
BILL EVANS...on green dolphin street (1967)
TONY BENNETT & STEVIE WONDER...every day I have the blues (playin’ with friends)
* Vijay Iyer Interview
VIJAY IYER…circular argument (panoptic modes)
MAL WALDRON…airegin (1960)
ERIK TRUFFAZ...yay (rendezvous)
SHELIA JORDAN...ebb and flow (winter sunshine)
* Darcy James Argue Interview
DARCY JAMES ARGUE’S SECRET SOCIETY…ferromagnetic (flux in a box)
JIM HALL & PAT METHENY...summertime (jim hall & pat metheny)

Next Show …SHOWS #1159-1160...21-22 August 2010
Special Feature…CAROL WELSMAN: CANADIAN SONGBIRD
Russ Davis goes backstage at the New York club Dizzy’s to talk
to Canadian-born singer and pianist Carol Welsman and plays
cuts from her latest release “I Like Men,” her salute to Peggy Lee.