[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist fo r8/8

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Aug 9 11:08:16 EDT 2010

This past weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight

Rod Levitt      I Wanna Stomp      Insight/Solid Ground           Jazz
Collectors

Michael Dease        26-2                              Grace
Jazz Legacy

Curtis Fuller         The Court                I Will Tell Her
Capri

Kenny Burrell       Blue Bossa               Be Yourself
High Note

Bob Mintzer       Road Well-Travelled

Tom Harrell       Bird in Flight               Roman Nights             High
Note

Joe Chambers        Asiatic Raes              Horace to Max           Savant

1:00AM

Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra    Little Sunflower

Mezzanine               Owl

Freddie Hubbard      Echoes of Blue             Backlash                Koch

Stan  Kenton Alumni Band    Invitation

                                                   Have Band, Will Travel
Summit

Ted Hogarth          Intimacy of the Blues

                                                  Live at the Jazz Showcase
Jazz Showcase

Mike Mainieri - Charlie Mariano      Mr. Syms     Crescent        NYC
Records

Mike Mainieri - Marnix Busstra   It's Done   Twelve Pieces      NYC Records

Chris Graham       Sirabhorn        After-Birth of the Cool           Graham

2:00AM

Ken Fowser - Behn Gillece    Little Echo             (same)
Positone

Dave Anderson           Stalemate                Clarity
Pony Boy

Jacam Manricks        Mood Swing            Trigonometry
Positone

Wallace Roney     I Have a Dream        If Only for One Night    High Note

Herbie Hancock     Survival of the Fittest    Maiden Voyage       Blue Note

Gerry Gibbs       In a Silent Way      Music of Miles Davis          Whaling
City

3:00AM

Ralph D'Alessi     Hair Trigger     Cognitive Dissonance             Cam
Jazz

Paul Motian        Cathedral Song        Lost in a Dream                 ECM

Frank Kimbrough     Sure as We're Here     Rumors
Palmetto

Marilyn Crispell - David Rothenberg    The Hawk and the Mouse

                                  One Dark Night I Left My Silent House
ECM

Mikrokolektyw    Running Without Effort     Revisit
Delmark

Terje Rypdal    Prime Suspects; Don Rypero   Crime Scene          ECM

Archie Shepp     O. C.    The New York Contemporary Five         Delmark

4:00AM

Stephane Furic Leibovici  A Music of Tranquility  Jugendstil II   esp-Disk

Jacky Terrasson       My Church                 Push
Concord

Fred Hersch                        Still Here                   Whirl
Palmetto

Takao Iwaki           White Sands                Introducing
White Sands

Larry Coryell           Fantasy in D              Cedar Chest
High Note

Gregory Porter     Black Nile                          Water
Motema

Davis and Dow          Azure                          Loverly
Davis and Dow

Eric Reed - Cyrus Chestnut   It Don't Mean a Thing.

                                                   Plenty Swing, Plenty Soul
Savant

5:00AM

Bill Cunliffe - Holly Hofmann - Ken Peplowski     Reunion

Three's Company        Capri

Ken Peplowski       Muli-Colored Blue             Noir Blue
Capri

Darwin Niguera     Legana Esperanza      The Gardener
Chicago Sessions

Craig Russo       Seven Steps to Heaven       Mambo Influenciado    Cagoots

Avery Sharpe        Morning                                Live
JKNM

Marian Petrescu        Cakewalk                        Thrivin'
Resonance

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

26501 Renaissance Parkway