[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - August 9 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Tue Aug 10 19:21:01 EDT 2010

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, August 9, KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio -
www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

Greetings! Here's my playlist for this week. I really enjoyed stretching out
with that great long Donald Byrd cut from 1972. 15 minutes of funk with
Harold Land, Bobby Hutcherson and the crew. All the best from Northern
California. Cheers, Jerry
*
Gregory Porter* - “Black Nile” from *Water* on *Motema**
Betty Carter* - “Droppin' Things” from *Droppin' Things* on *Polygram**
LaVerne Butler* - “Hit the Road Jack” from *Blues in the City* on *MaxJazz*

 *Wayne Shorter* - “Witch Hunt” from *Speak No Evil* on *BLUE NOTE**
Dave Holland Octet* - “Pathways” from *Pathways* on *Dare 2**
Tom Brantley* - “Exemption” from *Boneyard* on *Summit Records*

*Donald Byrd* - “The Emperor” from *Ethiopian Knights* on *BLUE NOTE*

*Lee Ritenour* - “LP (for Les Paul)” from *6 String Theory* on *Concord**
The Lee Katzman Quartet* - “Knock Twice” from *Naptown Reunion* on *25th
Century Ensemble**
The Stephen Andersen Trio* - “Left in a Red State” from *Nation Degeneration
* on *Summit*
*Regina Carter* - “N'teri” from *Reverse Thread* on *E1 Entertainment**
Lionel Loueke* - “Twins” from *M'Waliko* on *BLUE NOTE**
Gary Burton & Steve Swallow -* “Hotel Hello” from *Hotel Hello* on *ecm*

 *Jason Moran* - “Play to Live” from *Ten* on *BLUE NOTE**
Pee Wee Russell* - “If I Had You” from *Pee Wee Russell* on *Everest*

--
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing
jerry at rocketwords.com